This Page

has been moved to new address

amazed

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: amazed

Saturday, January 1, 2011

amazed

It’s been an amazing year. I started blogging on Mothers Day and am so glad that I did.

photo by tiffany lausen
(c) red owl photography
Beginning my “mama blog” has helped me to find my voice as a writer again. It’s helped me to process the changes that come with starting a family. It’s helped me to share and teach... as well as learn and grow. It’s helped me to record, remember, and reflect on the magic of motherhood and the miracle of life.

It’s helped me to connect… with so many women on so many levels. Some are mothers. Some are grandmothers. Some are wanna-be (future) mothers. Some are “just” supporters of mothers.

Many of these women are now my friends.

Thank you for sharing part of this journey with me these last seven months of blogging. I’ve deeply enjoyed finding friendships in unexpected places.


In celebration of the beginning of the Memos, here are some of my best from 2010 (in no particular order):


::   dear natural birth club | My most clicked post… a little snarky, a little fun, and hopefully a little spurring to make women think.


::   birth is holy, treat is as such | a letter to my pregnant self | This is one I’d love to share with all my pregnant friends. It's very personal and yet also largely universal.




::   100 things {pregnancy, birth, and being a first-time mom} } Perhaps one of my favorites to write – another one I’d love to share with pregnant women or first-time-moms.



::   oh fair Nap Time, where art thou? | My love-hate relationship with nap time… no doubt most mamas can relate with this one. I think this one (and Dear Natural Birth Club) have been my most shared posts on facebook.



::   i gots me some mama badges | A fun take on some little motherhood accomplishments.



::   so this is what it feels like to have someone call you “mama”? | Documenting one of my best (most memorable, most tender, most sweet…) motherhood moments so far.



::   the line  | A poem about dealing with my unexpected c-section.



::   "you're a great mum." (please tell me again.) | Personal reflections about the need for encouragement and support in motherhood.



::   living in the midst of holy teachers | Beginning to learn the reality (not just in theory) of how children are our most profound teachers.



::   who’s growth spurt is it anyway? | Dealing with the growing pains of motherhood. 


::   wonder | Stopping. Breathing. Remembering to wonder.



Dear friends, thank you so much for encouraging me, supporting me, befriending me, following me, and cheering for me on the journey of motherhood through the Mommyhood Memos so far. I’m so grateful. As I’ve made the leap into motherhood, it’s been a delight to also stumble into this blogging world that I didn’t before know existed…. What a year.

amazed,







adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2010 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 2, 2011 at 12:40 AM , Blogger Sommer said...

LOVED the posts!! I shared some with friends as well. I wish you and your gawjus family a very happy new year!!

 
At January 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM , Blogger alicia said...

I am fairly new here. I am happy for you that the blogging experience has been good. Looking forward to stopping back to catch up on some favs. Happy New Year!

 
At January 2, 2011 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Cameron said...

I'm so happy you started blogging in 2010! You're one of my favorite people I met this year!!

 
At January 2, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with Sommer J ^ up there...I shared some of your blogs with my friends who just became new mommies :D So glad you started blogging and so glad that Jesi sent me your link!

 
At January 5, 2011 at 2:31 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Happy New Year! Here's to a wonderful 2011 and blogging memories and life stories ::cheers::!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home