This Page

has been moved to new address

meeting the big guy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: meeting the big guy

Thursday, December 23, 2010

meeting the big guy

I wanted to let Levi meet Santa... and yet standing in line for whoknowshowlong to let my little child sit on a big stranger's lap for a few seconds wasn't high on my priority list. It's just not the way I wanted to spend one of our precious holiday mornings.

But when the opportunity presented itself at the end of our Norwegian Christmas party dinner... with no line and with both grandma and great-grandma looking on with hopeful eyes...

Well, that I couldn't refuse.

And I'm so glad we didn't miss the opportunity...


Because it really was a moment in time that just drips with the magic and wonder of Christmas.

And how glad am I to have captured it?

Dear friends, I consider myself extremely lucky - for no line... and for a sweet moment with the big guy void of a terrified baby melt-down. What was your Santa experience like this year?

loving my little guy with this big guy,





adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2010 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At December 23, 2010 at 3:14 AM , Blogger Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

How adorable!!! Our Santa experience was good! Although we had to wait an HOUR in line. But it was our fault cause we went the Saturday following black Friday, so... we should have expected it would be busy. Bennett was just in complete wonder of Santa Clause. Our picture is similar to yours, with Santa and B just looking at each other :)

 
At December 23, 2010 at 4:04 AM , Blogger cooperl788 said...

Levi's expression is just priceless and so so sweet! As for Georgia's Santa experience, well, it was not so good. You can see the pictures on my blog - lots of screaming and fear. Oh well, better luck next year for us!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 4:04 AM , Blogger Carol said...

This photo is gorgeous! It is far better than the ones you receive at the mall. I've yet to fit this trip to see Santa in to my schedule, but I'm hoping to leave work early tomorrow to work it in. I'll have to settle for a mall photo, but at least my girls will get to see the Fat Man. :)

 
At December 23, 2010 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Heather M said...

That picture is Perfect!!! Landons, not so much, as soon as he sat on Santa’s lap he cried, we were able to clam him down so the lady could take the picture,its kinda a deer in the headlights look. When we finally got him smiling and laughing, the silly lady didn’t get a single shot! Oh well, its still a sweet memory! The picture is on my blog!!! Merry Christmas!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Pam said...

That's a great pic, Adriel. We haven't done the Santa visit yet, but my Peapod did get to see Santa walking around our hometown the day we celebrated Christmas with my parents. The look was priceless--I SO widh I'd had the camera in reach at that moment rather than in the trunk of the car!

 
At December 29, 2010 at 5:44 AM , Anonymous Rachel said...

I can tell Levi's pretty curious about Santa! I would love to hear how you're planning to 'do the Santa thing' in your family. I was always a big Santa fan as a kid but honestly some of the reactions I've got from other parents on the subject are pretty opinionated in the opposite direction. This first Christmas has given me a lot of opportunities to think about how I don't want Xave to experience Christmas but I'm still not sure what that should look like in the future...any thoughts?

www.wokabout.net

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home