This Page

has been moved to new address

my little dream come true

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: my little dream come true

Friday, December 17, 2010

my little dream come true

You know how I’ve been dreaming of a white Christmas holiday for my little Aussie family?

Well, God has delivered.

This morning we woke up to snow. Glorious snow.

And in honor of this precious and beautiful snow dump, I’m going to do a precious and beautiful photo dump… mostly of my sweet son enjoying it for the first time, and my Aussie husband in his fleece superman pj’s. (He was too excited to change into something more “reasonable” - just one of the many things I love about him.)

This is the first white Christmas for the Booker boys. And boy oh boy, does their delight bring joy to this little heart-o-mine.

"i don't know what this is but i like it!"

"so many layers, i can hardly move!"

my gorgeous boys... including ryan still in his pj's. :)

"what is this stuff?!"

still snowing... still happy.

perhaps the cutest snowman to-date. :)

superdad and my flying boy.

"ta-da!"

Dear friends, seeing my family experience snow at Christmastime is so special to me. It’s an important part of them being able to relate to my culture, background, and upbringing. How do you bring elements of your childhood into your present-day family life?

snowed in and happy about it,





adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2010 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At December 17, 2010 at 1:33 PM , Blogger cooperl788 said...

First of all, amazing pictures of such a sweet moment! I think I love the first and second ones best - Levi's face is priceless.
Georgia makes it easy to bring moments of my childhood into present-day, since she's into many of the same things that I loved as a child. We read some of my favorite books together, we watch some of Jeremy's favorite Christmas movies, etc. But truthfully, I love that she's going to have her own favorite memories even more. I try to let her have her own moments, unclouded by my own nostalgia.

 
At December 17, 2010 at 6:11 PM , Anonymous The Everyday Mommy said...

What a delightful blog you have here! Thank you so much for visiting The Everyday Mommy so we could meet!

Love the photos. I enjoy that your hubby was still in PJs. In our house we call it "being moosed" (because of some pajamas with moose on them) and my sweetie can often be seen in the yard in his too... of course here in California we don't get to enjoy the snow!

 
At December 18, 2010 at 12:28 AM , Blogger Pam said...

What precious pictures, Adriel! I love that Ryan is still in his pjs. It's nice to see something so mundane to me (born and raised in MI) bring such excitement to somebody.

 
At December 18, 2010 at 12:59 AM , Blogger Greta said...

LOVE the pictures! They are simply beautiful.

 
At December 18, 2010 at 6:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

adorable!!
Snow for Christmas is wonderful! I just wish it suddenly stopped on the 26th and didn't come back till the next year!

 
At December 18, 2010 at 11:32 AM , Blogger ElissaM said...

those are incredibly awesome and cute photos! I love it! That IS one of the cutest snowman and little guy too!

 
At December 18, 2010 at 12:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, your baby is too cute! And I love your photos! Some people avoid cold and go to a warmer place. But seeing your baby enjoying his first experience of snow is soooo adorable. Nice blog by the way. :)

 
At December 19, 2010 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Jhen.Stark said...

Oh White Christmas'. The last white Christmas in California was too far back for me to remember! How fun that must be for your "Down Under" boys to experience traditional Northwest! And I love love love the Pictures! Happy White Christmas to you!

 
At December 20, 2010 at 5:32 AM , Blogger mdforkids said...

How fun! That really is the cutest snowman ever and cutest little guy to match!!

Enjoy the beautiful snow!

 
At December 22, 2010 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So fun! Since Niall is still really little to understand real traditions, we just stop by the Christmas tree and fireplace every morning to touch the ornaments and squish the stockings :)

 
At December 23, 2010 at 4:07 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Gorgeous photos! I espeically love the one of you and cutenss with the snowman. Isn't it great to VISIT the snow? I wouldn't want to deal with it all winter, but it sure is fun to visit.

 
At December 29, 2010 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those are some magical photos. We still do a picture of all the "kids" now with their kids on the stairs before we go down to open presents. My mom fixes the same casserole and biscuits on Christmas morning. We do light an advent wreath and read parts of the Christmas story leading up to Christmas. I love all of it!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home