This Page

has been moved to new address

the line

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: the line

Friday, August 6, 2010

the line

This line across my belly –
It represents a change of plans.
It represents disappointment, loss,
A last minute bend in the road.
It represents overwhelming delight.
This line across my belly –
It represents a new beginning.
It represents hope, anticipation,
The start of a new season,
The end of yearning.
This line across my belly –
It represents a decision to move forward.
It represents sadness, love,
A voice of reason, a whisper of faith.
This line across my belly –
It represents a deep satisfaction,
An unquenchable happiness.
It’s the scar of new life,
The mark of strength and endurance.
It’s an ugly battle wound, a brilliant medal.
It’s elation, it’s treasure,
It’s pleasure, it’s bliss.
This line across my belly –
It’s a reminder of resilience, of the answer,
The will to bounce back.
It's jagged, yet beautiful...
Numb and alive.
It’s mine, it’s ours.
This line across my belly –
It’s a gift,
It’s grace.
This line is yours...
My heart, my joy.







adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2010 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At August 6, 2010 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've given you an award!
http://www.highheelsandlipgloss.com/2010/08/blog-with-substance-award.html

Angel x

 
At August 6, 2010 at 11:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is so beautiful Adriel!!! I'm all teary eyed, thanks for sharing!

 
At August 7, 2010 at 1:30 AM , Blogger The Planet Pink said...

Oh how I related to this. I can't even put it into words... thanks for doing it for me.

 
At August 7, 2010 at 3:10 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

I have that same line across my belly, and never thought of what it represented. I feel differently about it now after reading your post...it was a beautiful one!

 
At August 7, 2010 at 4:25 AM , Blogger ~Lisa~ said...

You are one good writer! What a great way to express a procedure that most people think differently of (= well done Adriel.

 
At August 7, 2010 at 8:26 AM , Blogger mdforkids said...

This is so beautiful Adriel. Amazing how these things turn out, our scars of motherhood, whatever they may be, for better or worse, shape us and stay with us forever.

This brought tears to my eyes...so beautiful...

 
At August 10, 2010 at 3:10 AM , Blogger Lynda said...

This is so beautiful.

I've had two c-sections; the first a failed natural birth and the second a failed home birth. It's something that stays with me daily, thanks to that scar. A hard enough thing to get over without the daily reminder..

Thanks for sharing this.

 
At August 12, 2010 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Cameron said...

This really is a wonderful post! You should be proud of that line. It's your reminder of how much you sacrifice, how much you give, how much you do to be a mother! It's a sign of how strong you are!!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home