This Page

has been moved to new address

these are a few (more) of my favorite things

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: these are a few (more) of my favorite things

Monday, November 8, 2010

these are a few (more) of my favorite things



It’s been a while since I’ve done a favorite things post… But there are so many notably precious things happening lately that I thought I really must…

So, my dear sweet boy, here are some of my favorite things about you at nine(ish) months old.

1.            The way your eyes light up and you wave your arms and squeal with delight whenever you see your daddy. {IveNeverSeenAKidLoveTheirDaddySoMuchAndILoveIt.}

2.            That sometimes during story time you now “read” to me and show me the pictures… and you always turn the pages. {MyCleverMonkey.}

3.            The way you immediately start clapping whenever I ask you, “Would you like to sing a song?” {CutestWayToAnswerAQuestionEver.}

4.            Watching you go crazy as soon as you see any person under the age of ten that you can potentially play with. {SlowDownSonYoureStillMamasBaby.}

5.            Your little voice “singing” along with mine… anytime, but I especially love it at bedtime when we sing the “sleepy song”. {HeresToManyMoreSongsMyDarlingTinyTenor.}

6.            Kisses. Millions of kisses! You pulling my face toward yours and planting big, slobbery, open-mouthers right on my smacker… as well as all over my cheeks and chin and nose and everywhere you can possibly land. And it’s never just one… but four, seven, sometimes twelve. {SlobbersNeverBeenSoSweetAndICantGetEnough.}

7.            Your little "Mowgli crawl” (Jungle Book) on hands and feet when your knees are slowing you down. {YouJustCantWaitToGetOnThoseFeetForGood.}

8.            The fact that anything new captures your imagination. {NeverThoughtAPlasticHangerCouldBeSoFun.}

9.            Your attention to details! Today you studied a flat, dark brow mole on my leg… trying to scrape and rub it off. Everything tiny has become fascinating. {YoureHelpingMeNoticeTheSmallThings.}

10.        The thrill you get on the swings as you throw your head back, close your eyes, and scream in delight as you hold on for dear life. {CanIPushYourSwingForever?}

11.        Watching your little tummy grow by the day. {LoveThatPooBearPooch.}

12.        The way you fearlessly throw yourself into the water and delight in the ocean and the pool and anything to do with water. {ThoughYourFearlessnessDoesScareMeALittle.}

13.        The sounds of “mama” and “dada”… {BeStillMyBeatingHeart!}

14.        Being an eye-witness to your transformation from being a crawler to a walker. {ICantKeepYouOffYourFeetEvenThoughIDesperatelyWantTo}

15.        That little gap between your two front teeth. {ImTotallyInLoveAndHopeItSticksAroundAWhile.}

16.        Watching you dance—bouncing up and down and waving your arms high—whenever you hear live music or the stereo. {ThisBabysGotRhythm}

17.        Laughing at the Cheerios stuck all over your face and chest anytime you eat them. {IsThereSomethingOnMyFace?YouAsk.}

18.        Catching a glimpse of you in the rear-view mirror as you start to clap whenever the stereo gets turned on. {MyMiniMusicLover.}

19.        Playing hide and seek and hearing you squeal with delight when you find me. {SoMuchFunAndSoDarnCute.}

20.        The discovery that you understand more and more words every day. {DevelopingInLeapsAndBounds.}

21.        That proud grin on your face and twinkle in your eye that you get when you’re walking along the table or the couch or with somebody holding your hand. {YesSweetieMommysSoProudOfYou.}

22.        Your little head burying into my chest and your arms wrapping around my shoulders and neck when we sing the “sleepy song” before bedtime. {UnlockingNewPartsOfMyHeart.}

23.        Tiny hands getting coordinated enough to touch gently… and yet usually too excited to do anything but slap and bang and wave with glee. {LoveTheFeelOfYourPatOnMyLegWhenYouWantUp.}

24.        Those cheeks… especially when you are storing an entire three-quarters of a banana in there. {JustWhenIDidntThinkThoseCheeksCouldGetCuterTheyDid.}

25.        Kisses? Did I already mention the kisses? {ShhhDontTellDaddyButILoveItThatIGetMoreKissesThanHimAtTheMoment.}
  
Dear friends, it’s a gushing-about-my-gorgeous-son-and-recording-the-preciousness kind of day. How about you? What’s your favorite thing about your child’s current age?



recording and remembering,





I decided to jump back on the bandwagon. 
Would you care to vote for the Memos?
Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com


 Have you registered your blog here yet?






adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2010 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At November 8, 2010 at 12:11 AM , Blogger Jhen.Stark said...

Oh so many of these I can picture my little Joss doing the same. I love the peek a boos and the open mouth kisses!

I love that she pulls me hands under her arm pits telling me she wants up.

I love this stage of life. I love that she's showing signs that she's choosing me. I love that she's more playful and her personality is shining through!

 
At November 8, 2010 at 1:18 AM , Blogger Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

This is the sweetest!! I don't know why I haven't written something like this. I think it's so cute that babies love other babies/children! Bennett gets excited too!
Oh and I secretly love baby kisses more than daddy kisses, too ;-)

 
At November 8, 2010 at 2:00 AM , Blogger cooperl788 said...

This post is great! You're going to love reading back on all of these sweet memories - they change and grow so fast! Even when I look back three months, I realize how much Georgia has grown and changed.

 
At November 8, 2010 at 2:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh this post brought back so many memories of my little ones - they are all over the age of 3 and most over the age of 6 - 9 mo is just the most delicious time with babies!

 
At November 8, 2010 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Emma said...

How awesomely cute! I loved this age but I think my favourite ages so far have been 5 - 7 (presently) because you re-discover your own joy in the simple things in life and learn things all over that you had completely forgotten about, as well as seeing them become their own person. Actually the last one is bitter-sweet xx

 
At November 8, 2010 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a great list! I'm definitely a fan of the turning pages when we read, too. It's so cute when they get ahead of you and try to turn the pages before you can spit out the words on the page. Niall goes through these really cute phases where he'll do something non-stop for days and then it just disappears. Right now, he throws his head back and starts bucking around like a horse, laughing at nothing. Nobody will be talking or even looking in his direction and he just starts cracking himself up. Gotta love these babies :)

 
At November 8, 2010 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Annette said...

What a sweet and important post. These days go by so fast! My little two year-old still loves to sing and clap his hands whenever we're finished with a song. He's also fascinated by tiny things too--lint, crumbs, UGH, he finds it all! I really enjoyed reading your list!

 
At November 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM , Blogger mdforkids said...

What a great list Adriel! I love this age. Enjoy these wonderful moments with your baby boy...sounds like you definitely are :)

Precious.

 
At November 9, 2010 at 4:37 AM , Blogger kissapoo said...

Adriel, I'm so thankful for all your special posts! :) They always find a place in my heart. Especially now that I am expecting my first sweet pea, I can't get enough of these sort of posts.

keep up the amazing work! You inspire me to be an amazingly loving, caring, devoted, Christ-centered mom!

I'm glad to hear you and the family are coming out to Oregon soon. I can't get enough of the outdoors here! So beautiful. Enjoy your time.

 
At November 9, 2010 at 6:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can just picture your adorable Levi doing all of these things. It really is the best age. I miss it! Thanks for sharing, Adriel.

 
At November 10, 2010 at 3:25 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

This was precious. He sure is lucky to have such a loving Mother.

 
At November 10, 2010 at 11:01 AM , Anonymous Jill L said...

Ditto to many of the ones you mentioned. I also like how Eva looks up at me and smiles when I start reading her a book. Especially one of her favorite ones.

The way she "swims" and splashes during bath time. It just cracks me up and I often feel like I've had a bath by the time we are finished.

The way she chews the cheerios with her front teeth. It really accentuates her cheeks.

One of my favorite things is the way she jumps in the excersaucer while rythmically pulling on the attatched squeak toy. It is very humerous to watch.

Her intense/excited face. Lips slightly puckered, eyes big, and arms and legs flailing. Its amazing the speed and intensity at which she can do this. Talk about a full body workout.

As always, thanks for sharing :)

 
At November 14, 2010 at 11:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so sweet. My son is seven and a half months. I think my favorite thing at this age is his sweet little laugh. Best sound in the world!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home