This Page

has been moved to new address

so you think i'm nuts?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: so you think i'm nuts?

Saturday, October 23, 2010

so you think i'm nuts?



A few of you have been asking... Where am I? Is everything ok? 


The answers to those questions are... Here! and Yes!


Life. Has. Been. Busy.


I have no idea how to explain the word "busy" in a way that would make sense to anyone... but it looks something like...


Both hubs and I were working full-time this last week... No, make that over-time... Sick baby for six days (and counting) needing mama's attention/affection every spare moment... Late nights preparing my teaching material after baby is in bed... Cleaning the house top-to-bottom (picture holding a miserable little Levi with one hand while scrubbing the toilet with another - true story) for incoming international house guests... Receiving international house guests... Welcoming 50ish people home from our latest medical outreach to Papua New Guinea on the YWAM Medical Ship... Sending off another two teams of young people to do outreach in Australia and Papua New Guinea... Hosting about 120 delegates to conferences being run by the non-profit we volunteer/work for... Receiving over 50 new students into our training schools... Oh yeah, and did I mention sick husband... And baby tooth number four - that same little culprit that first poked through at four months creating such havoc before disappearing again and now (five months later) has finally moved in for the next several years... And doctors visits... And groceries... And five million loads of laundry...


So yeah, when I say "busy" it looks a little something like that.


And I guess you can add that at the end of this week when my (lovely!) overseas guests depart, I have a few hours to wash the sheets and clean and get the guest room ready for another guest that comes for the following week.


Oh, and then there's the preparing for our trip to America that is {gasp} less than a month away. And getting our immigration paperwork sorted. And booking our hotel and car for our layovers. And lining up when to see what friends and where. And scheduling visits to the dentist. And organizing our Christmas party, which will double as an anniversary party to celebrate our 10 years volunteering/working with YWAM. And finding our stockings so we can take them with us. And...


Maybe I should have just stopped after writing, "preparing for our trip to America" so that I wouldn't be breaking into a cold sweat right about now. {ahem}


Oh yeah, and somewhere in there I'm going to try and celebrate my 33rd birthday. (I really want to have a lawn bowling and mustache party... we'll see if we can pull it off.)


That's all I have for you today. My head is FULL of things that I want to write about... and my hard drive is FULL of half-written posts that only need some attention and editing... But right now it's all I can do to sit and write out my madness.


So welcome. To my madness. Welcome to my madness.


Life is crazy. My family is nuts. 


But we are happy.


We love all the excitement and the challenge and the things going on around us.


BUZZ.


So... I am here.... I am great... Just busy. That's all. Just busy.


Thanks for asking. 


I'm scheduling some writing time in the next few days so I'll be back... I know, I know... you wait on the edge of your seat. {grin} I'll try to deliver. I'll try not to disappoint.


I'll write about motherhood and babies and all the stuff you've come to expect... and maybe a few things you wouldn't expect. {more grinning}


Dear friends, do you think I'm nuts? Are you nuts? Is life more fun when it's nuts?? I know I'm not alone here... What does your "busy" look like?? Is it as nutty as mine?


love with a side of nuts,





I decided to jump back on the bandwagon. 
Would you care to vote for the Memos?
Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com


 Have you registered your blog here yet?






adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2010 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At October 23, 2010 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my...that is busy at it's best. Hope that you are able to take care of everything and get it all done. I always sleep better when I have a ton of things to do and I actually do them!

 
At October 24, 2010 at 1:38 AM , Blogger Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower! I found you on top baby blogs! I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Be sure to check out my giveaways if you come by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!

 
At October 24, 2010 at 5:48 AM , Blogger Emma said...

Wow I'm tired just reading all of that! Hope things slow down a bit and you get time to be calm xx

 
At October 24, 2010 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Mommy Adriel...

Here is your SuperMom cape, I present it to you with much happiness and sparkles! You, girl, totally rock my socks! I got tired just *reading* what you've accomplished. You're doing great-it takes lots of talent to balance a babe and scrub at the same time!

Keep up the good work Mommy!!

 
At October 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Cameron said...

Oh my gosh Adriel you really have had a lot going on!!! I've been going nuts, too!! I'm so tired!! Happy to know I'm not the only one struggling to keep up with the pace of things right now! Maybe struggling isn't the right word because I'm right where I want and need to be, it's just hard!! Augh!

You're doing great, mama!

 
At October 25, 2010 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

Oh my goodness! Just reading the first list of things going on had me worn out! I hope you get the chance to get some rest in between all of that! I commend you for being able to literally do it all! Hope this week is a wonderful one for you!

 
At October 26, 2010 at 2:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can no longer complain about my busy life because yours is the definition of busy. Wow, Adriel! Hope Levi is feeling better and that you're able to fit a bit of rest in for yourself.

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home