This Page

has been moved to new address

these are a few of my favorite things {sweet, sweet baby}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: these are a few of my favorite things {sweet, sweet baby}

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

these are a few of my favorite things {sweet, sweet baby}


Five months old. As tough an age as this is in some ways (can anyone say teething, developmental leaps, and nap time dramas?), this is by far the best age yet. SO. MUCH. FUN. 

Here are just a few of the reasons why:

1.            Pulling off for a moment while nursing just to look up at me and smile before continuing on with business as usual.
{OhMeltMyHeart.}

2.            Being able to toss baby in the air during playtime.
{WeeeItsSuperbaby!}

3.            Helping momma by putting his legs up in the air and lifting his bum while getting a diaper change.
{SoFreakingCute.}

4.            Toes in the mouth!
{EnoughSaid.}

5.            When being held by someone else in a crowded room… turning his head to make eye contact with me when he hears my voice.
{NewMommyGushing.}

6.            Uncontrollable baby giggles when I say anything with an excited expression and raised eyebrows.
{WhyHelloTherePoopyPants!}

7.            That look of wonder and awe when he watches mommy and daddy eating “big boy food.”
{PleaseLetMeHaveSomeNowMomma!}

8.            The “drunken sailor wobbling hula” when he practices standing up while holding onto my hands.
{DontGainYourBalanceTooQuicklyCauseMommasLovingThis.}

9.            Thirty-second 360’s on his tummy.
{WhenTheHeckDidYouGetSoFast?!}

10.        Screams of delight when being mildly (deliberately) startled.
{WhoKnewPeekabooCouldBeSoHilarious?}

11.        The frustrated arm-waiving when throwing a fit.
{FunnyExceptForThoseTimesWhenMommyIsSuperTiredAndOverIt.}

12.        Having his arms stretched out to me when he wants to be picked up.
{IsItWrongThatISometimesPutHimDownJustSoHeCanDoItAgain?}

13.        Head resting on my shoulder and super sweet cuddles when he first wakes up from naptime.
{GetsMeEveryTime.}

14.        The skin… oh, the skin.
{ICantStopTouchingYourChubbyLittleThighs.}

15.        That little baby sigh of relief and pleasure that comes about thirty seconds after nursing has begun.
{TooCuteForYourOwnGood.}

16.        The after-bath hair styles.
{ThankYouDaddy.}

17.        That priceless look of “I-just-accomplished-an-incredible-trick-did-you-see-that?” while making splashes in the bath and saturating daddy.
{YesSweetPeaMommysProudOfYou.}

18.        Being able to sing baby to sleep in five minutes tops if he’s crying in the car due to over-tiredness.
{IKnewIShouldHaveBeenARecordingArtist...ButWhyDoesntThisWorkAtBedtime?}

19.        You know those sneezes that start and then stop mid-sneeze? Baby’s getting those.
{LittleManIsSoFunny.}

20.          When babe sticks his thumb in his mouth while nursing... thinking more is better?
{YouKnowThatIKnowYoureDoneEatingWhenYouDoThatRightSon?}

21.          The paci is no longer for sucking and calming but for chewing and playing.
{SoothieTurnedTeether2For1Deal.}

22.           Those precious moments while nursing that babe reaches up to touch my face or to stroke my chest.
         {PleaseBurnTheseIntoMyMemoryForever.}

Dear mommy friends, I could have gone on and on with this list! Don’t we have so much to enjoy and be thankful for? What are your favorite things about your child at his/her current age?



P.S. For any of you following me that read Dear Nap Time, I've just gotta report back. Two days of perfect naps since then. Can't believe I'm doing this but... kudos to the postal system! That letter was received! {*grin*} I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Love us? Vote here!
Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on 

TopBabyBlogs.Com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At July 14, 2010 at 3:48 AM , Blogger Jhen.Stark said...

I cried and I cried reading this, but they were happy, beautiful tears! I adored the little tid-bits of honesty and humor after each one! So many on your list I was like, "Yes, Yes, I love it when Joss does that too!"

Currently, my absolute FAV is when Joss' daddio leaves a room, Joss goes army crawling after him with a "ah ah ah ah" grunt like "Come back daddy" or "take me with you"! I love it when little girls are bffs with their daddy! Just love it!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 4:07 AM , Blogger cooperl788 said...

Like Jhen, this post brought tears to my eyes remembering when Georgia was little like that. 5 months IS such a fun age. But so is every age and stage. Right now I love watching G's personality bloom. She's starting to have an opinion independent of mine, and be able to voice it! Plus, she notices so much about the world that I wouldn't take the time to notice. She makes me see the world in a different way, and I love that.

 
At July 14, 2010 at 4:36 AM , Blogger Hannah said...

This post also got me all emotional remembering all those lovely baby moments! For me I love hearing all the silly things my three year old has to say, but the fact that he can tell me he loves me every time. Wyatt is 18 months now and he gives me the best hugs ever, I also love his smile when he crinkles his nose! They are both getting so big so fast! This post made me want another baby LOL!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I couldn't stop smiling as I remembered every thing Isaac did at that age! Now he's a busy, bustling 3 year old, and believe me, it only gets better.

My favorite times are when he stops playing, looks around, grins at me, and then throws himself on my legs, loudly announcing, "Hugs, Mommy! HUGS!" And those last fleeting seconds before he drifts off to sleep, that deep sigh and utter relaxation of his energy filled body. It's amazing!

I love my boy!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Blogger HRH Mommy said...

Oh Adriel, I am so right there with you! Ryder is the same age as Levi and does exactly the same things, though sometimes his surroundings are so much more exciting than the boop [who knew?!]

As for Kai: his sweetness (which balances out him pushing every boundary. Ever.Sing.One.) I hosted a baby shower on Sunday and we had some balloons left over. yesterday right before going to bed, he came running into the kitchen, holding on to a balloon and proudly gave it to me saying "For Mommy". Sigh....

 
At July 14, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. It's nice to hear there are other victims of FMS out there. :) I love this post. My youngest is two weeks from turning 5 months old. I love what a shameless flirt she is. No one is safe: the toothless homeless man in front of the grocery store, the scary teenager with black lipstick on, even the terminally grumpy postal worker who delivers our mail every day. It will only be a short time until she is pulling her big sister's hair or throwing toys in frustration. How I adore this stage!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Crystal said...

My son has the best smile EVER! It totally lights up the room and warms my heart when he gives me his big beautiful smile! And I love his laughs, he has a few and each one says something different though they are all some of the most amazing sounds I have ever heard! And he is just learning to pretend! I am so excited!
And my daughter randomly will drop what she is doing just to come give me a kiss and hug and tell me she loves me! I love it, I know I did something right in showing her all my love as she has grown!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Cameron said...

Oh my gosh so many of these are true for me too!! All the stuff about nursing completely reminds me of Isis! I love this list!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 4:48 PM , Anonymous Mrs Woog said...

So cute!! And what a lucky baby to have such a lovely mum!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Black Wombmyn Chat said...

I loved reading this post and all the mommy comments. I am so in love with my baby girl, it's nice to know that I am not nuts! lol. I kiss her so much she cries now. Boo-ness.

I think my favorite thing now, at eleven months, is DEF when she falls asleep nursing. It's nice to know that no matter how independent and active she's gotten, there is nothing like suckling at Mommy's breast to make her feel safe and utterly blissful.

 
At July 15, 2010 at 9:09 PM , Blogger ElissaM said...

I think every mom should read this during the hard times in babyhood! You are right that all those moments make it sooo worth it and so fun! Even though my two kiddos are older, that post makes me want another one!

 
At July 20, 2010 at 4:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

adorable!! your writing style is precious!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home