This Page

has been moved to new address

shout outs!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: shout outs!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

shout outs!


{one} featured blog:

:: The Little Hen House - I wanted to commend this blog to you, and kept marking posts as my favorite to share... until I gave up. The reality is, I love all of Morgan's posts. She is so funny, she's a great writer, and she loves her babes. Get connected with this mama if you haven't already!



{one} fabulous new find:


:: I just found Love, H. (like 15 minutes ago... really) and couldn't wait until next week's shout outs to share this blog with you. I found Holly through the awesome guest post she wrote on Dear Baby, and I'm so glad I did. I'm diggin' her blog already and mommies, you have to (at least!) go read her post about how to stay connected with your baby-free friends. So good!


{two} featured link-ups:

:: It's beach week at Bare Feet on the Dashboard! Link up your beach posts and celebrate the end of summer (or winter in my case!).

:: It's a Beautiful Life is hosting a linky for your favorite shot of your little one's signature look. No doubt every mama has a shot to put in here. I entered Levi's "scrunchie face" - my favorite little angry/frustrated look:

the incredibly photogenic uncle andy {my sweet brother} and 10-week-old
levi... pulling his scrunchie face, complete with a pumping clinched fist.

{four} featured posts:

:: Get Real Mama wrote about what not to do in getting ready for bedtime. I was thrilled (and laughing) when I read this post since just this week I wrote a little bit about our bedtime routine. Check out GRM's blog - her writing is always good for a laugh! And make sure to take heed of her tip of the week: always double check that your little one is wearing a diaper before putting him to bed. {smirk}

:: I know that I just mentioned Ingenue Mom during last week's shout outs... but then Cameron went and wrote a must-be-featured post, and I just couldn't not mention it here. Check out her take on blogging pet peeves... and make sure you're not an offender! {wink}

:: A Belle a Bean and a Chicago Dog wrote I curse you Shel Silverstein, a post which I loved because: 1) I adore Shel's books and poems; and 2) I adore this blog and the lens Liz sees life through. She's both clever and funny... and always worth a read.

:: Melissa at Coming Clean: Confessions of an Imperfect Parent wrote about the funny thing about dads. If you haven't discovered her blog yet, it's about time you do. She writes about motherhood and life with refreshing honesty, humility, wisdom, and humor. Sound like a good combination? It is.



{one} call to action:

:: Nirvana Mamma is starting a Blog for a Cause monthly meme... please check it out and consider how you can join in with Erin and others to use our blogs to make a difference... Love this concept, and love this lady!



{three} notes from the memos:

:: The memo's feature of the week is: Tips and tricks for how to decorate a nursery on the cheap.

:: A special thank you to Finding My Aloha for the Blog With Substance award. I'm so honored! x

:: Some special guest bloggers and I are gearing up for the upcoming series Moms Who Work {at home or away}. If you haven't already, make sure to express your views here. I'll be using exerts from readers comments and advice throughout the series. (Of course if I quote you I'll also link to your blog.) Join in... and keep an eye out: Moms Who Work!



Dear mommy-friends, does anyone else feel that life has been so crazy these last few weeks? I've not had as much time to blog as I'd like to... and am feeling a little bit behind. Tell me what great posts I've missed! Any good finds you want to share?






Have you registered your blog here yet?


adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2010 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At August 21, 2010 at 12:44 AM , Blogger ~Dawn~ said...

Some wonderul recommendations..thanks.

Dawn
Mama's Little Nestwork
http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com

 
At August 21, 2010 at 4:33 AM , Blogger The Planet Pink said...

I completely hear you on feeling behind! I gotta get it together!

 
At August 21, 2010 at 4:33 AM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

Love! I will check those out for sure - and yes I have been feeling pretty much the same way!!
emily
www.familyandlifeinlv.com

 
At August 21, 2010 at 8:46 AM , Blogger mdforkids said...

What a wonderful shout out post Adriel. You do find some great gems! Looking forward to reading them. I love your little guy's scrunchie face...so adorable! I'm definitely feeling behind lately with blogging but I guess that's just how it goes. Keep up the great work, you have some awesome series too :)

 
At August 21, 2010 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

Love this post! I always like it when bloggers share the love! ;0) Looking forward to your Moms Who Work series!

 
At August 21, 2010 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Holly said...

THANK YOU for stopping by! :) I am so glad you enjoyed the post and am honored to get a 'shout out!' I am officially a follower and yes, from one donald miller fan to another...you & I are SO GOING TO BE PALS! Heehee...looking forward to reading more from you! Holls

 
At August 22, 2010 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Cameron said...

Thanks for sharing my link!! I've been thinking about those pet peeves for a while now! LOL

You also always share new blogs I haven't seen yet! I'm excited to check them out!

 
At August 24, 2010 at 1:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the shout out!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home