This Page

has been moved to new address

i'm a bona-fide mom now... with a membership card to prove it

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: i'm a bona-fide mom now... with a membership card to prove it

Friday, April 15, 2011

i'm a bona-fide mom now... with a membership card to prove it

Today I felt like such a mom. Not just because I have given birth and am carrying my second child... but because I did a thing that (in my mind) only moms do:

I bought a year's membership to our local aquarium.


The membership was a whopping five dollars more than the day pass, so I decided to "splurge" and lay down the $29.50 for endless trips to the Great Barrier Reef Aquarium for boy wonder and I.

How I didn't know about this steal-of-a-deal before, I have no idea.

But for the next year I know where I will be on scorching hot days (in search of air conditioning) and on rainy days (in search of sanity with my stir-crazy toddler):

I'll be checking out the sharkies and fishies, turtles and crabs with my favorite little dude.


Levi loved it. I loved it. My visiting friend from North America loved it.

And it gets even better.

This weekend they are opening up a whole new children's wing with a ton of interactive stuff and several "touch and feel" pools. A munchkin paradise.

No doubt this kid will be in awe.


Can't wait for our next visit.

Dear friends, what have you done lately that's made you well and truly feel like MOM?

happy to join the ranks of card-carrying moms everywhere,



ANNOUNCEMENTS
Are you pregnant? Link up with the Bloggin' Babes and Babies of 2011.
Share your creativity and Easter inspiration by submitting your Easter card to our Easter card linky (closing April 21).



One Day At A Time

I know I'm not in jammies... but it's not all that often than I'm in photos with Levi so I wanted to jump at the chance to join in and support Casey's "Momma in Focus" meme.... cuz I just really like Casey and think she has a great thing going. So, here I am (minus the jammies) - just me with my boy! (And Casey - I'll to try and get my face in one next time! No promises... but I'll try! *wink+grin*)






adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2011
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At April 15, 2011 at 8:58 PM , Blogger alison said...

i just went with my daughter's class on her first real field trip....and we went to the aquarium!! we are definitely going back :) AND...while we were there, i discovered hannah's first permanent tooth coming in so we know her very first lost tooth will be happening soon. total "i'm a mom" moment!

 
At April 15, 2011 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Casey Martinez said...

These pictures are fantastic and the first one especially takes my breath away!! Great angle and to see you and Levi enjoying the wonders of the water together is TOO precious!! This kinda gets me excited about going to the zoo or aquarium with Daisy someday soon! Don't ever worry about the prompt words. They are only suggestions for people that want to use them. I'm just happy that you linked up;0. YEAH for getting in the pics with your little man!!! Happy Friday friend;0.

 
At April 15, 2011 at 10:01 PM , Blogger Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Beautiful photos. We love the aquarium and wished it was closer. We have memberships to a kids museum though.

 
At April 15, 2011 at 10:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

We have 2 memberships to the local zoo and kids museum. The zoo membership is by far the best money we have spent. Being able to go to the Great Barrier Reef aquarium - what a treat. What made me really feel like a Mom, getting excited my daughter got into our 1st choice preschool. I never thought I'd be 'one of those moms'. Ugh.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 12:05 AM , Blogger kristance! said...

so wonderful! i wish we had an aquarium around here! i would totally get a membership! those photos are mega precious!

 
At April 16, 2011 at 2:05 AM , Blogger Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Yep!! It's final, you are a "that Mom". He he. I don't' have a membership to an aquarium, but I do have a membership to the KidsQuest interactive children's museum in town - that's when I really felt like a MOM Ha ha.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 8:27 AM , Blogger mdforkids said...

I love aquariums!! That looks like a wonderful one and sounds like a great investment to me. We are lucky to enjoy the aquarium where my in laws live b/c they have passes for us and the kids.

Enjoy.

Let's see...I got vomited on right before bed...I think that pretty much solidifies my MOM status.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Gina Kleinworth said...

That is awesome- I know that my kids would love that. Congrats on expecting again! That is so exciting!

 
At April 16, 2011 at 10:56 AM , Blogger JIll said...

You know that does make you a mom. But I can't talk, it was just in January I bought a years pass to the zoo. So we are right there with you. I really want to do the aquarium but I just can not bring myself to pay the money that they cost. So zoo it was.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Jen L said...

I just bought a membership to the aquarium as well; although, at the time it didn't strike me as particularly "mommish." We also have a children's museum membership. The Boy loves them both.

The last Mommish moment I had was tucking him into bed tonight. Every night, it fills me with wonder that I had a hand (er, an egg?) in creating him. I smooch his forehead and whisper, "I love you, buddy," and I feel so Mommish, I could burst.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I never knew aquariums offered memberships. Looks like a good time.

 
At April 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Cameron said...

I think this is awesome & I wish we had an aquarium or zoo or something close enough to us that we could go regularly!

But on a side note - is that just what your hair does naturally? Because it looks awesome & I want mine to do that!

 
At April 19, 2011 at 3:21 AM , Blogger Moments and Impressions said...

Hooray for family memberships... we frequent our zoo and children's museum. When I traded out my super cute handbag for a kinda cute cross body bag to keep my hands free - I really felt like a mom

 
At April 20, 2011 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

I am super amazingly jealous of your aquarium (and how comparably inexpensive it is to the Boston Aquarium). I took my kids to the local (and comparably lame) science museum today, where I also am a card-wielding member. I'm planning my daughter's 1st birthday party on Easter, and crafting up a storm. If that isn't mommy central, I don't know what is!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home