This Page

has been moved to new address

hey little cowboy, i would lasso the moon for you

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: hey little cowboy, i would lasso the moon for you

Sunday, April 10, 2011

hey little cowboy, i would lasso the moon for you


Lasso the Moon Written for By Billy Simon and Lowell Alexander (for Art Garfunkle)

If I were a carpenter

I'd build a world of love

Where we would always be together

If I were the captain
Of
 a ship of happiness

I'd sail away with you forever

Close your eyes

And know you are safe with me
If I had a lariat

Made of dreams come true

I would lasso the moon for you

If I were a rocketeer

I'd scale the universe

To bring your heart a star each 
morning

If I were an angel 
In 
Heaven's Holy host

I'd sing to you a verse of glory

Close your eyes

And know you are safe with me
If I had a lariat

Made of dreams come true

I would lasso the moon for you.


Art Garfunkle | Songs From A Parent To A Child Album |
 1997 | Sony Wonder Entertainment



love,








ANNOUNCEMENTS
Are you pregnant? Link up with the Bloggin' Babes and Babies of 2011.
Share your creativity and Easter inspiration by submitting your Easter card to our Easter card linky (closing April 21).


Linking in with Faith... for "Two".






adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2011
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At April 10, 2011 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Moments and Impressions said...

cute cute and what a great song... "a lariat made of dreams come true..." lovely.

 
At April 10, 2011 at 11:15 PM , Blogger Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

So sweet! The boots are fabulous but the song/poem is the perfect compliment!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 2:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful song! I wish I could come up with something like that. I did manage to change a totally guilt-ridden "lullaby" that my mom used to sing to me into a child friendly version-- the original song talks about a mother's love being a blessing and you'll miss her when she's gone (there's that Catholic guilt)... and I changed it to "a baby's love is a blessing" and "I'll love you more each day". Seemed a little more appropriate :)

 
At April 11, 2011 at 2:53 AM , Blogger Robin said...

I love those boots!! along with the green CD!! So cute! I am your newest follower. Love your blog!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Michele said...

Adordable! I think you have such a cute blog and family. I'm now following :)

 
At April 11, 2011 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

So sweet, love the poem and the picture. I just celebrated a Mother & Son brunch with my 15year old....it goes by so very fast. Thanks for following our journey. Hope you had a great weekend.

Tiffany

 
At April 11, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Amy Sullivan said...

Billy Simon & Lowell Alexander? I don't know them, but maybe I should. I love the sweet picture and little boots. My two-year-old loves to run in a diaper and her boots too!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Adriel Booker said...

Amy, they wrote the song for Art Garfunkle for his Songs from a Parent to a Child album!! :)

 
At April 12, 2011 at 12:18 AM , Blogger cooperl788 said...

Adorable song with a really great photo! Where did you get such cute boots for him?

 
At April 12, 2011 at 6:39 AM , Blogger Branson said...

Oh my goodness, soooo cute!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home