This Page

has been moved to new address

i want one of these

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: i want one of these

Thursday, March 31, 2011

i want one of these

So... lately I've been obsessing over this photo that we have on our fridge:


I can sometimes be found with a milk jug in one hand, the open fridge door in the other, gawking at this glorious photo while time stands still.

I look at that little bundle of heaven I had in my arms and can't believe that my spunky, hilarious, strong, independent, quick, sweet, talkative, constantly-on-the-go toddler easily fit within the length of my forearm not that long ago.

I just want another one of those.

If I wasn't already pregnant I'd be trying to be.

Cuz I just want another one of those. Oh wait, I already said that.

I want to hold an itty-bitty, teeny-tiny child and know that s/he's mine to love, and laugh with, and learn from... as long as I have breath.

Lucky for me that in 27 weeks I get to do it all over again.

Those beautiful expressions on our faces - Enthralled Mama and Proud Papa? They will make another grand entrance.

Yup, 27ish more weeks.

I can't wait.

Take your time sweet baby. Although I can't wait... this mama can wait. Grow well. Grow strong. Grow healthy. This is the only time we'll ever have together when I don't have to share you with the world.

excited is an understatement,





adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2011
  do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At March 31, 2011 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, it is so crazy and wonderful to go back to that time, isn't it? It seems like such a long time ago, but then it all just flew by at the same time. I want to say that I remember reading on one of your posts that you are planning to do VBAC??-- if I get pregnant soon, I would love to keep in touch with you about any info we come across. I'm really hoping I don't have to get another c-section!

 
At March 31, 2011 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is a really sweet photo! Hope your feeling great and your pregnancy continues to go well. Thanks for stopping by, great to see you

 
At March 31, 2011 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Greta said...

I agree with Kerry...it seems so long ago and yet it just flew by. However, for me it was over 2 years ago since I've had a baby in the house. :(

 
At April 1, 2011 at 12:47 AM , Blogger Moments and Impressions said...

Oh I want one too...

Ummm did I type that. ;)

 
At April 1, 2011 at 1:52 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Me too...me too. Maybe I need to tape a similar photo my fridge in an effort to convince the Hubs.

 
At April 1, 2011 at 3:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks so much for this post, i've said it before, but i love how positive you are about motherhood. and it seems honest. most people like to joke about the bad parts but you state how wonderful it is and it's what i need. that was enthralling

 
At April 1, 2011 at 4:10 AM , Blogger Courtney K. said...

These kinds of photos make ME want another. And I hated being pregnant worse than anything. Sigh...but to hold a sweet little baby again.....oh boy. Baby Fever.

 
At April 1, 2011 at 4:14 AM , Anonymous Jamie said...

What a beautiful picture. It almost makes me want another. ALMOST (but not quite). Enjoy this wonderful time. It's a season that will never come again.

 
At April 1, 2011 at 4:18 AM , Blogger Alexandra said...

Congratulations, and can I tell you? There is NOTHING like the relaxing and confidence b/c you already know how to do it.

HUGELY wonderful.

 
At April 1, 2011 at 4:27 AM , Blogger Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Awe!! I want another one of those itty bitty babies, too!! (someday i'll have another one!). Those first few moments in the hospital are so precious. I didn't get nearly as many photos as I should of, I'd love to gawk at one on my fridge, too! :)

 
At April 1, 2011 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

awww... what a sweet post! And congrats on the pregnancy! Sometimes I feel like I want another one... maybe someday down the road! Wonderful post!!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful picture! I most definitely do not want another one though ;-)

 
At April 1, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger cooperl788 said...

What a beautiful post! I've missed your writing this week while my in-laws were visiting; your picture today really is wonderful!
Wishing you a continued happy and healthy 7 more months!

 
At April 2, 2011 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Branson said...

Posts like this are dangerous to those of us not currently pregnant, lol. My little man looks so grown up today... Not ready for a sibling yet though, lol.

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home