This Page

has been moved to new address

reclaiming sundays... with sunnies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: reclaiming sundays... with sunnies

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

reclaiming sundays... with sunnies


So, my husband has been teaching Levi to wear sunglasses... to actually keep them on his face. And to my surprise, he's been very successful.

I'm dumbfounded every time I see these chubby little cheeks and button nose with mini aviator sunnies perched on top.


This last Sunday we spent the afternoon at one of our local parks.

One of the perks to living in such a hot, humid (read: sometimes miserable) climate are the free water parks and pools that are open to the public. (Apparently they have to give us some sort of incentive to live here!)


This is one of our favorites - the Riverway.

There are five different pool areas including a normal pool, a lap pool, a "lagoon", a (cold) spa, and a kiddie pool. There are free gas BBQs scattered around the place and lots of grass for picnics and games.


There are also a couple of different playgrounds and a huge bike and walking path that spans the river for miles.

It really is a wonderful place.


I'm grateful to have such amazing facilities close to us and available to us without even having to spend any money. We enjoyed a lovely Sunday together as a family... and so far, we're doing well at our quest to Reclaim Sundays.

Dear friends, were you able to take a break this weekend? What did you get up to?

lovin my sundays more than ever,



P.S. We're camping at the moment, so if I don't respond to comments and emails right away... that's why. No phones or internet for me!


Note: You can read my original post with more of what this is all about here. If you'd like to grab the Reclaiming Sundays button and join in with our family's quest to make some more time for rest in our busy lives, then please feel free. Make sure you leave me your link so I can come see and be inspired by what your family is doing. (And remember, your "Sundays" don't have to literally be on Sundays... any old day will do, as long as it's deliberate.) 






(And don't worry, the button will display on your blog much smaller than the image above!:)



adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2011 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At March 3, 2011 at 5:09 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of the weather there! It has just begun to warm up here. It's around 70. It's nice, or nicer than before, but still not swimming time.

Levi looks adorable in those glasses. I can see that he so desperately wants them to stay on his tiny face! So cute!

-Jessica

 
At March 3, 2011 at 6:26 AM , Blogger Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

Haha! I love the sunglasses. We're teaching Silas to wear some too, he's not so thrilled, but getting better. Too cute!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love babes in baby aviators! And I have started to Reclaim Sundays with my family. Here's my link about it---> http://tippycupanonymous.blogspot.com/2011/02/reclaiming-sundayson-wednesday-morning.html

Adriel...you and your hubs made a cutie babe. I cannot wait until you introduce Cutie Babe #2 to us in the blog world! Blessings to you all :)

 
At March 3, 2011 at 11:08 AM , Anonymous Melissa said...

wow, getting him to keep sunglasses on? impressive! And that water park sounds amazing. I got inspired by your reclaiming sundays posts and tomorrow we're going to go to the zoo!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 11:14 AM , Blogger Casey Martinez said...

SMart kid to learn that keeping sunglasses on are a good thing for him;0. Too cute! I love that you guys are purposing to make some quality family time. We had a glorious Sunday this week too that I blogged about. Sermon outside on the back porch on the internet. IT was wonderful! God is so good!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Cameron said...

Oh wow he is so cute!!! I just love him with the sunglasses on! I wish Isis would learn to wear sunglasses!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 1:54 PM , Anonymous Jessica W said...

Adriel, I love this! And what cute photos of your little guy. I'm jealous of the beautiful weather there though. Send some our way please!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 10:43 PM , Blogger ElissaM said...

those are some ADORABLE photos! Makes me wish it was so warm here!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, he's sooo cute in those sunglasses! I'm so jealous of the free water parks- that is too cool. We have a fun weekend planned for my bday, but I don't know what it involves :)

 
At March 4, 2011 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Alexandra said...

Oh, what to be jealous of first?? The weather or that delicious little chubchub.

You are so dang lucky.

What a doll. The last picture just kills me.

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home