This Page

has been moved to new address

two stripes means positive

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: two stripes means positive

Thursday, February 17, 2011

two stripes means positive

Yes, it's baby-growing season in the Booker home.


Thank you so, so much for all of your congratulations and comments and emails!

The most fun part of my announcement was that after I posted I got four emails from other pregnant moms who've yet to announce publicly, but wanted to let me in on their secret. Soooooo fun!!! (And don't worry ladies, your precious secret is safe with me. *wink, wink* I can't wait until you're "public" and we can all track together.)


And to answer your questions:

No, it wasn't an accident.

Yes, we were trying... or not, not trying to be more accurate. (Only this last month by the way - we aren't completely crazy... just a little.)

Yes, we were still incredibly shocked that it happened SO FAST this time around.

Yes, even though we were shocked we were also RELIEVED that it didn't take months of tracking and trying and waiting. (We are so, so blessed and we know that and don't take it for granted.)

My due date is October 7th. That means I'm seven weeks along.

Yes, I'm aware that it's early to be sharing our news... but we'd rather people know about our little one and be praying for him/her and me through the early days.

Yes, we will find out the gender when we can.

No, we won't keep it a secret.

Yes, we have a girl name picked out.

No, we don't have a boy name decided yet. (We both think boys names are way harder to come up with!)

No, we probably won't share the name. (I would, but Ryan prefers to keep it for the big day - you know, to have a Lion King moment - and I'm totally okay with that. Give the man his moment - he deserves it!)

Yes, it would be sweet to have a girl... but I love Levi so much that the thought of having another boy is very appealing too.

No, I don't know "how" I will have the baby yet. I only know that my (unplanned) c-section disqualified me from future births at my local birthing centre. BUT I can still receive partial midwifery care through our regular hospital. (I still have much to learn/research... so let me just digest the fact that I'm pregnant first. *grin*)

Yes, I am totally freaked out by the thought of having two babies twenty months apart.

Yes, I like the idea of having children close together in age. Very much.

No, I wouldn't change a thing... even though I am a little nervous.

Yes, I am glad to have the next several months to try and prepare myself... and to try and take a nap.

Yes, naps have moved waaaaaaay up the priority list as of late. (I should be taking one now in fact.)

No, I can't possibly begin to imagine loving another child as much as I love my first born treasure... but all those more experienced than me tell me that my heart will grow with my belly. And I believe them. :)

Yes, I totally looked at the baby clothes section when I was in Target this weekend. (Looked, just looked.)

No, I'm not done pinching myself to make sure that it's true.

No, I don't feel sick. Just a little tired and a couple of headaches. And hungry. Always hungry.

Yes, we are ABSOLUTELY THRILLED.

Dear friends, thank you again for all of the congratulations you've sent my way via comments, facebook, and emails. It's meant a lot to me and I'm so glad you're excited with us! Now, did I cover all of your questions??! ;)

letting it all sink in,




adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2011
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , ,

23 Comments:

At February 17, 2011 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Stephanie Thigpen said...

Again, so so happy for you! Can't wait to track this one with you! :)

 
At February 17, 2011 at 10:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations! What great news! I totally agree on boys' names. It's a whole other ball game. Matt and I can come up with girl names all day long, but can't agree on one boy name. Also, I think about how I will have baby #2 when the time comes since I, too, had an unplanned c-section. It's so important to me to do natural this time, but I know it's a lot harder after having the first c-section. I can't wait to hear more about your plan- I may just copy you :)

 
At February 17, 2011 at 10:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i guess we'll have to find something else to talk about monday arvo! ;)

 
At February 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM , Blogger Casey Martinez said...

I think it's great that your kiddos will be so close in age! I ideally would like that too but, on the other hand I don't feel ready to tackle another little one yet. We would be fine if it happened though and you will be amazing to two little ones!! Excited for you guys!

 
At February 18, 2011 at 12:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adriel, We are SO excited for you guys! and I know your parents are thrilled! ;)

and I have to agree with you about "baby naming" Jesse and I could not pick a boy name out for the life of us (good thing we didn't need one) :) but I love, love, LOVE little boys... I keep bugging Jesse that we need to start "thinking" long before we are pregnant again cause it may take us longer than 9 months! ha! and not that I am planning to be again anytime soon... :) I would be much "crazier" than you they'd be REAL close! :)

Can't wait to see how this pregnancy unveils, you did such a beautiful job sharing your pregnancy with levi!

xxxx!
Taylor

 
At February 18, 2011 at 1:44 AM , Blogger Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Well that is just SO exciting!!! And it's SO true that boys names are so much harder than girls. When I was pregnant with Bennett, my husband and I had like 10 girls names we agreed on... it was a total breeze. Boys names... well... let's just say we didn't have a name for our baby until after he was born. Ha ha.

 
At February 18, 2011 at 2:29 AM , Blogger Branson said...

I just found your blog and what an exciting time to do so! We announced our pregnancy right away too... We were happy to have lots of people praying for our little one right away :)

 
At February 18, 2011 at 2:33 AM , Blogger JIll said...

Once again congrats. I totally agree that boys names are way harder. Little B was not named untill a couple of hours after his birth. It was hard. Good luck.

 
At February 18, 2011 at 3:08 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

So excited for you. That is wonderful news and about loving the new child as much? Seems impossible~but you absolutely will. I guess it's kind of like how you can love your mom and dad at the same time and just as much as the other. Anyway, have fun looking at Target!

 
At February 18, 2011 at 3:14 AM , Blogger kissapoo said...

I'm so excited for you and Ryan! What a joy and gift from God to be able to bring another life into this world. Your baby will be rich with love! Congratulations.

My hubby and I found out were having a boy and are REALLY struggling with names. I had a list a mile long for girl names, but I've yet to come up with 2 boy names that really strike me. Do you have a favorite website or book?

 
At February 18, 2011 at 3:33 AM , Blogger Gretchen said...

Sending many prayers your way! Such exciting news!

Jemma's birthday is 10/2 and mine is 10/5 - so feel free to be a few days early if you want, lol :)

 
At February 18, 2011 at 4:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so excited for y'all. I think having kiddos close in age will be so fun. My youngest siblings are 18 months apart, and they have always been best friends even though they are a boy and a girl. Yay for more cute babies in the world!

 
At February 18, 2011 at 5:22 AM , Blogger The Planet Pink said...

Congrats again to you! So exciting! I always thought girl names were harder because there were too many I liked. We had our boy name picked out since our first babe. Never got to use it. LOL

 
At February 18, 2011 at 5:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very exciting! I can feel the joy radiating from you. It's such a special time. Thanks for sharing all of these tidbits with us.

 
At February 19, 2011 at 6:41 AM , Anonymous Angel said...

Congratulations!!! Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful news! I know it can be a touch nerve-racking to think of having two little ones running around, my best friend had her second daughter almost exactly 14 months after the first, but I can honestly say she has never been happier. The first few months are the hardest, but also the most amazing, seeing your first child bond with the new baby is a precious gift. I am very happy for you and your family, I wish you an easy pregnancy and delivery, and can't wait to stay up with how it is all going. Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!

 
At February 21, 2011 at 7:01 AM , Blogger cooperl788 said...

I go to Puerto Rico for one week, and I miss all the excitement!?! Congratulations Adriel, this is such wonderful news! You might be worrying about how you're going to do it with 2 under 2, but you are going to be great. And Levi is going to make a great big brother!! I can't wait to see what your nursery design will look like for baby #2, or maybe a Big Boy room for Levi instead? Anyway, happy and healthy 9 months!

 
At February 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Adriel Booker said...

I've now heard from even more friends who are pregnant... lost count somewhere around FOURTEEN! :)

 
At February 23, 2011 at 6:58 PM , Anonymous Ulani Couper said...

Totally agree on boys names being harder.......Samuel didn't have a name for 3 days after he was born :)
I have a friend who had a c-section the first time around and with her second baby she had a natural birth, will be praying that it all works out for you.
Love the age gap. It's hard to begin with but it gets easier and they're so much fun to watch together. Mine are 21 months and 17 months apart.
So excited for you guys!!!!!!

 
At February 23, 2011 at 11:30 PM , Anonymous Jill L said...

Love Love Love! I am so excited for you, Ryan and Levi. Will continue to pray for you and little bub :)

 
At February 24, 2011 at 12:05 AM , Blogger Sara at Miller Moments: said...

So excited for you, Adriel! My oldest two are 21 months apart, then we have a God-planned 4 year gap and the youngest two are 20 months apart. I LOVE having the kiddos that close - couldn't imagine any other way. :) You are going to LOVE it!

 
At February 24, 2011 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Katherine Wilson said...

Adriel,

You should totally push for another attempt at the Birth Centre. Because you went into labour spontaneously, and would have given birth naturally apart from being breech...its a grey area and you should definitely fight for a spot if you can! Charlie was breech at 36 weeks and I was fighting for skin to skin in the delivery room after a C-section (which the midwives were totally keen to support me on!). But then she turned and we were able to go natural anyways...

I know there is lots of legislations etc but just reminding you to stay strong in what you want! If you have to have shared care with a Dr, they might be keen for you to have another C-section because your bubs are so close in age (normally they like 2 years minimum apart). But just make sure you make the right decision for you! Sorry, I'm slightly passionate about it...contemplating doing my Masters in Midwifery next year!

 
At February 25, 2011 at 3:40 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Ahh! Congratulations! all the baby news lately is making me itch for a 3rd! This is the greatest gift you can give a child - a sibling!

 
At March 12, 2011 at 2:15 PM , Anonymous Emily - Family and Life in Las Vegas said...

Congrats Mama!! Woohoo! I wish you a happy, healthy easy pregnancy. Are you going to find out what you are having??

Sorry I have been MIA lately. I will try to be around more often. Every time I stop by I am reminded why I love your blog. Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home