This Page

has been moved to new address

the proposal

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: the proposal

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

the proposal

His idea was big, bold, and public.

Unbeknownst to him my idea was quiet, intimate, and sentimental.

But he was the one with the ring so...

I got my proposal on the main stage at our local Christmas festival in front of 1,500 cheering and screaming on-lookers.

I was shocked and a little embarrassed. Ok, a lot embarrassed. (And for the record that's very hard to do.)

I was also thrilled.

As far as a proposal was concerned, big, bold, and public had never even entered my imagination... but I was just glad to be asked to spend the rest of my life with the man I adored.

It was a happy, happy day.

Happy Love Day to my sweetheart. I'm so glad you wanted to show me off to the whole world.

And now, so do I... in my own little way. *grin*

I'm still so very in love with you.

In fact, I'm more in love with you now than I even was then... on that hot, humid night in December:


And obviously I was pretty dang happy and in love with you then.

You have my heart Ryan. Always.

yours,



Linking in with the lovely Mandy:


And writing about a memorable date along with Mama Kat:
Mama's Losin' It




adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2011 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At February 16, 2011 at 12:33 AM , Blogger Casey Martinez said...

Awww, that is a sweet story! I would have been petrified if my guy proposed to me on a stage...I have a borderline phobia of being in front of a lot of people. lol. BUt, the thought of it sounds so adorable if I weren't such a wus!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 1:52 AM , Blogger Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Awe that is such an awesome story!!! Thanks so much for sharing, and for linking up!! ....too bad the linky tool expired (cause they started charging to use them and I don't wanna pay!)

 
At February 16, 2011 at 2:03 AM , Anonymous Jamie said...

What a sweet,sweet story. <3

 
At February 16, 2011 at 4:50 AM , Anonymous Morgan B. said...

That is so sweet. I would have died! You guys looks so happy in that picture. I hope you had a great Valentine's Day! xoxo

 
At February 16, 2011 at 6:07 AM , Blogger Stephanie Thigpen said...

What an awesome story! Adorable.

 
At February 16, 2011 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Liz said...

I would be embarrassed, too, but I bet that was totally exhilarating at the same time!

I have seen proposals like this happen on TV, though I don't know anyone who it's happened to. Until now. :)

 
At February 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Cameron said...

Aw!! Hope your Valentine's Day was lovely!!!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Getrealmommy said...

That is so sweet. I would have liked a little bigger and flashier, in fact for a while it was a bit of a sore point for us. He made up for a lame proposal with by planning a romantic 1 year anniversary. In any case, after 11.5 years of marriage, I have no regrets! Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

Congrats!
<3 your blog!
Stopping by from:
http://madeofsnails.blogspot.com/
&
http://staceylovesscents.blogspot.com/

 
At February 17, 2011 at 3:32 AM , Blogger Mayra said...

Awww sooo sweet!

The best moments are BOLD. =)

 
At February 17, 2011 at 4:48 AM , Blogger Amy Sullivan said...

Oh my gosh. An audience of 1,500? That's crazy! Sweet, sweet story, girl.

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home