This Page

has been moved to new address

i am craftabulous

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: i am craftabulous

Sunday, January 23, 2011

i am craftabulous


It's been a long while since I've done anything crafty. But with Levi's upcoming celebration on the horizon my little brain has been bursting with ideas...

And the most exciting part? I've had the motivation to actually be deliberate about carving out the time to make a few things happen.

I've dusted off my hot glue gun. I've sharpened my scissors. And I've buried myself in felt and card stock, clothespins and toothpicks, tinsel and string.

I'm having so much fun!

Here's a sneak peak of his birthday party next weekend...


I'm having so much fun!

Oh, I said that already? Well, this sure beats preparing my incoming taxes, organizing my address book, or any of my other *ahem* more adult-like responsibilities. That's for certain!!

I keep asking myself why it's been so long since I've unleashed my crafty creativity on the world! And then I remember those... responsibilities. (Apparently the IRS doesn't take "crafting" as a legitimate excuse for an extension.)

But while I've found my groove, I'm gonna enjoy it. And not just for the party.

There's a project that I was inspired to do over a year ago to decorate Levi's nursery... But it never happened since it just never made it to the priority section of my to-do list. (Don't you hate it when you just live from one urgent thing to the next? Not good.)

I was determined to have this little project done before his first birthday... so finally, here it is - the Little Red Caboose inspired name letters for his room:



I love how these turned out! Such cute, unique, inexpensive room decor. (I sure wish I had done it a year ago like I meant to...)

When I'm able, I'll post a tutorial for how to make these. It's fun and easy!

And now, I must be off. I have banners and pinwheels and party favors to make.....

It's an exciting week folks! We're celebrating my baby and we're celebrating parenthood!

Dear friends, do you like to craft? I've found my crafty groove again during these last couple of weeks. I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

craftabulous,





adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2010 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At January 23, 2011 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Annette said...

These letters and the party hat are gorgeous! Yes, my life often feels like one urgent thing to another too...I'm so glad you were able to break the cycle and have some fun. (I can't wait to see your tutorial on how to make the letters.)

 
At January 23, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Casey Martinez said...

The letters turned out amazing! The hat is adorable! I hope to create a cute party hat for Daisy too. I love how being crafty is fun and also can save money on decorating. Good luck on the rest of the party planning. Hope it all goes wonderfully!!

 
At January 23, 2011 at 10:51 PM , Blogger The Planet Pink said...

Oh I love the idea of crafting... ;-)

 
At January 24, 2011 at 5:12 AM , Blogger Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

I love these!!! You're so creative! I need to start crafting more for Bennett. You've inspired me! :)

 
At January 24, 2011 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Amy said...

The letters and hat are adorable! Yes, please post a how-to, I would love to learn how to make those. Happy birthday to your little man!

 
At January 24, 2011 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Katie said...

I love doing crafts, too...when I have time! Totally love the letters! Such a great idea. Can't wait to see the tutorial!

Katie
www.MyMomCareer.com

 
At January 24, 2011 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love crafting! Please, please, please post how to do the letters!

 
At January 25, 2011 at 4:26 AM , Blogger Ruth said...

Love love love the letters! I also have a list of crafty things I'd like to do and am just waiting for the time, creativity flow and energy. Well done Adriel.

 
At January 25, 2011 at 5:00 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I love it! About the crafty groove, mine comes and goes, and just like you, I have to embrace and enjoy it while it lasts, because without warning, it disappears and I'm out of ideas for months at a time. Happy Birthday to your son!

 
At January 25, 2011 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Lynda said...

I hope you do a tutorial. I have an idea, but I'm a craft idiot. What a fabulous decoration!

 
At January 25, 2011 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, I love it! My crafty spirit is also awakening with Nya's upcoming birthday party. We'll have to swap tips and secrets!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home