This Page

has been moved to new address

shout outs: the best bloggin buds of 2010

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: shout outs: the best bloggin buds of 2010

Monday, January 3, 2011

shout outs: the best bloggin buds of 2010

I've now been blogging for seven months and have learned so much from when I first began. One of the things I've realized is that the blogging world ebbs and flows... 


Sometimes ideas come fast and furious, other times the ideas are there but the time is not.

Sometimes you get lots of comments on a simple post that took you just minutes to put together, and other times you get very few comments on a post that you worked hard on and poured your heart into.

Sometimes you think you have a new dedicated follower, only to have them drop off the face of the earth a month later.

Sometimes you're able to spend lots of time networking and commenting, and other times you're lucky to sneak in just a quick glance over your RSS reader.

Sometimes you help a newbie get started, and then never hear from them again.

Sometimes you get a comment from one of your blog heros and it fuels you for your next week's worth of posts.

Sometimes you get lots and lots of hits in a week, and other times not so many.


Depending on your reasons for blogging, these types of things may or may not effect you. But I'd go so far as to say nearly all of us blogging ladies enjoy the genuine connections we form with other bloggers along the way.


In the last half-year I've "met" hundreds of women through the Memos. Some have become "followers" but beyond subscribing have not engaged much… some have become part of my blogging community (my tribe?) and regularly comment and interact… and some have become friends that I now relate with even beyond the blogging world.


I wanted to share with you some of my blogging buddies from 2010. I've chosen each of these women for different reasons: Some of them I can count on to comment on nearly every post I write. Some of them have kids the same age as Levi and we're enjoying learning and growing together. Some of them have given me encouragement when I most needed it. Some of them inspire me with their photos or their writing or just their take on life. 


And all of them make me smile.


Although there are too many to list (and no doubt I'll think of more I should have included after I hit "publish") here are some of my best blogging buds from 2010. Check these ladies (and their fabulous blogs) out!



Cameron of Ingenue Mom


Trish of The Planet Pink

Rachel of Get Real Mama


Mama Hen of Mama's Little Chick


Thank you ladies for being a part of the Memos and a part of our lives! And thank you for the great content, photography, and heart you contribute to the blogosphere. You inspire me!


Dear friends, do you worry about blog stats, numbers, and comments? Instead why don't you take some time this new year to think about some of your blogging buddies and let them know that you appreciate them! :)


bloggin into 2011,







adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2010 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , ,

23 Comments:

At January 4, 2011 at 1:53 AM , Blogger Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Thank you so much for the shout out!!! I appreciate it so much. Your blog has always been so inspirational to me so, I feel so honored to have made your list! :)

 
At January 4, 2011 at 6:30 AM , Blogger Morgan said...

Hi Adriel, I'm a brand new reader and subscriber and have loved looking back on some of your older posts. I can't remember how I found your blog, but I did my dts at RTO, so I've met your husband. Your family is beautiful!

 
At January 4, 2011 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

What a fantastic list! Some of them I know, and others are new to me...can't wait to check them out :)

Happy New Year my Friend!

 
At January 4, 2011 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, thanks a million for the shout out, Adriel! I feel the same way about you and your fabulous blog and am honored to be in such lovely company. Happy New Year!

 
At January 4, 2011 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Lindsey said...

Agree, Agree, Agree! The list describes my blogging experience completely!!

Lindsey @ GrowingKidsMinistry.com

 
At January 4, 2011 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Adriel! I'm so honored. I couldn't agree more with the blogging lessons you've learned-- there's nothing worse than logging on to find you've lost a follower :( but it's so worth it to get a few inspiring comments!

 
At January 4, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Amy Sullivan said...

Adriel,
What an amazing list, and I can I just say . . .you inspire! You write in such a fun relatable way, and your takes on parenting/family truly provoke real thought and discussion. Thank you!

 
At January 4, 2011 at 11:31 AM , Blogger The Planet Pink said...

Thanks for the shout out my friend. I consider it an honor and privilege to "know" you and hope someday we'll meet for real. :-) Perhaps we should coordinate a trip to Bend.

 
At January 4, 2011 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Casey Martinez said...

I'm just getting back into the blogging world after nearly a 3 week hiatus and it is quite encouraging to know that I was not forgotten even in such a gaping absence:0. Thank you for the "shout out" and I'd just like to say that what I enjoy most about your blog is your transparency. I have never met you in person, (yet...perhaps someday??:), but you come across as genuine, compassionate and a wonderful mama and wife! THanks for being real and being you..and for blessing us:)!

 
At January 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Greta said...

I just lost a follower yesterday actually. But, it's understandable since today was the first day I've written in, um, 6 weeks. I had to take a break and put my priorities in the right spot (birthdays!)

Thanks for the shout out!!

 
At January 4, 2011 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

Happy New Year Adriel! Thank you so much for putting me on your list of best blog buds! You are a great bloggy friend and I wish you all the best in the New Year! Have a great day!

Mama Hen

 
At January 4, 2011 at 3:04 PM , Anonymous Rachel said...

Aww...thanks Adriel! I really enjoy getting to 'spend time with you' via the internet again.
Now I will have to check out some of the other blogs you listed too...

 
At January 5, 2011 at 12:25 AM , Blogger mdforkids said...

Love this idea Adriel! I was just thinking about the wonderful blog friends I've made this past year and how I can "thank" them.

Thank you Adriel for thinking of me. I thank you too for being such a bright spot in the blogosphere. You're heart, passion, and generosity shine through! Keep up the good work.

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!

 
At January 5, 2011 at 2:25 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Adriel, this is exactly what I love about your blog. You remind me to take a moment and reflect about all that has come from blogging. I remember that post you wrote when you were questioning if blogging makes a difference, well, I am so happy that you realized it does. It fosters connections and relationships and you are making a mark on people's lives. Thanks for including me in your buddies, you certainly are one of mine! Happy New Year!

 
At January 5, 2011 at 3:35 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

Great idea! Yes I worry sometimes, and I've been one of those loyal followers for awhile and then I never hear a peep from them and I figure they don't even know I'm there so I only comment when something really pulls me to.

I always get the most comments on my random stuff. Funny how things work.

Happy New Year!

 
At January 5, 2011 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, thanks for the shout out and all the awesome comments on my blog!! It sounds goofy, but I'm just glad that someone else is reading all my rambles and rants :) I adore your blogs--not only for cute pixs of Levi, but also for your writing style. I've loved getting to "know" your little family over these past few months!

 
At January 5, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger cooperl788 said...

Thanks so much for the shoutout! I feel so lucky that I've gotten to e-know you this past year. Your blog brings so many interesting topics and discussions to light that really make me stop and examine my own feelings and pre-conceived notions; you really have a gift for words! Add in your adorable son, and all of his antics, and you have a wonderful blog!

 
At January 5, 2011 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Anna said...

You are soooo sweet! Thanks for the shout-out! I always read your blog on my phone when I've got a minute. I wish my phone would let me comment so I could tell you how beautiful your Christmas pictures were. I hope your travels were safe and stress-free!

 
At January 6, 2011 at 2:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out and for being awesome in general. I'm adding a fav bloggers list post to my to do list.

 
At January 6, 2011 at 5:43 AM , Blogger Cameron said...

Thank you!!! I have really loved getting to know you & Levi this year! You've been such a source of encouragement & also someone who has challenged the way I think about parenting & motherhood in some really great ways! I feel like I'm kinda failing my followers since starting back to student teaching, but you are totally on top of everything! I love reading your blog!!

 
At January 6, 2011 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Rosilind Jukic said...

Thank you so much for the love!! Wow - 2010 was an incredible year of newness...new babies, new blogs and new friends. I couldn't have asked for a better year...and am so anxious to find out what 2011 holds.

 
At January 7, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Livy said...

Hey Adriel!

Thanks for including me. I really enjoy reading your blog and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better in 2011.

 
At January 8, 2011 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Jhen.Stark said...

Your blog started it all for me! ALL OF IT! I didn't even know this world existed... and after the first facebook comment I left on your page, the rest was history!!!

I'm grateful for your posts because they entertained me during the tough days. And they challenged me in the easy ones!

I'm grateful that you became a part of my life!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home