This Page

has been moved to new address

oh daddy... you're so fine. you're so fine you blow my mind.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: oh daddy... you're so fine. you're so fine you blow my mind.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

oh daddy... you're so fine. you're so fine you blow my mind.

My husband asked me if he gets Fathers Day presents in both June and September. (Australian Fathers Day is in September.)

"No, nice try," I said. "We’ll celebrate in September with the rest of the nation."

But since I’m American I can’t let this Fathers Day go by without writing something about my hunk-o-spunk hubs... especially since this is his first (American!) Fathers Day with a child on the outside. What a great excuse (as if I need one) to publicly affirm my man whom I am so proud to be married to!

So, here we go.

Ryan is an incredible dad, as I knew he would be. The way he relates to children is one of the things that first attracted me to him early on in our dating relationship. But for the sake of this post (cause if you haven’t noticed by now, I sometimes have trouble keeping things short!) I’m going to list the first ten things that come to mind about why Levi’s daddy is such a great father:

  1. Levi’s daddy is humble. He is secure enough in who he is to be willing to admit when he’s made mistakes. When he’s wrong he’s not too proud to say “I’m sorry” and ask for forgiveness. What an awesome thing to have modeled to our children.
  1. Levi’s daddy is kind. He is as respectful and kind to strangers as he is to those he loves… and he’s as respectful and kind to those he loves as he is to strangers. I know our children will always be treated with kindness by him.
  1. Levi’s daddy is pure-hearted. He doesn’t manipulate and doesn’t use others for his personal gain. He has integrity and is deliberate to keep his motives in check. He will not push or use our children to fulfil his own unmet dreams or expectations.
  1. Levi’s daddy is fun. He is light-hearted, always joking, and wonderfully silly. He is creative and imaginative and will bring laughter and playfulness to our home, which every child needs.
  1. Levi’s daddy knows how to treat women. He is polite, honouring, and very much a gentlemen. He will teach our son how to treat women and—if we have any daughters—he will teach them how they should expect to be treated by men.
  1. Levi’s daddy is always learning new things. (This is especially when it comes to gadgets and anything mac!) He’ll show our kids that learning is a life-long process, and that it’s not only necessary, but enjoyable.
  1. Levi’s daddy is concerned with others. He is not self-consumed and he cares about what goes on in the world. He will inspire our children to have a local and global perspective and to play their part in making a difference where they can.
  1. Levi’s daddy values people’s individuality. He doesn’t expect everyone to be the same and loves to see people thrive in who they are – personality, gifts, skills, quirks, and all. He will help our children to find themselves and be secure in their identity.
  1. Levi’s daddy is a great encourager. He freely cheers people on and constantly offers optimism and encouragement. No doubt our kids will grow up feeling like they have a dad who believes in them.
  1. Levi’s daddy is an amazing coach. He has an awesome ability to get alongside people and train them as they go. He’ll offer input and suggestions along the way in a very on-the-job, side-by-side style of teaching, rather than just giving instructions from a position of superiority. Coaches are focused on the needs and successes of the people they coach, and he will most definitely do the same with our kids.
By the way, these are not written in order of importance; they are literally written in the order they came to my mind. And of course I could write many more reasons... but we'll leave it at ten for now. J

I’m so grateful for Ryan - my husband and Levi’s daddy. We are so blessed to have him in our lives!

Happy (American) Fathers Day to you, babe! (And yes, I think you're hot.)

Love me. xx 






p.s. We only have one son right now (which is plenty for the moment!), but I’ve pluralized when talking about “our kids” because we definitely want to have more than one child in the future. J

If you enjoy The Mommyhood Memos, please vote for me: Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs
(You can vote for me once per day.)

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At June 20, 2010 at 2:40 AM , Blogger allthingsnew said...

Hi! It sounds like our husbands are very similar (even down to loving Macs!). Aren't we super blessed? :)

Going to go vote for you on Top Baby Blogs...I really like your posts!

Blessings,
Steph
Ten Talents...

 
At June 20, 2010 at 3:42 AM , Blogger The Planet Pink said...

Wonderful post for what seems to be a wonderful man. :-) Happy (American) Father's Day to your hubby. PS - my hubby works for Apple, so your hubs gets bonus points from me! :-)

 
At June 20, 2010 at 8:22 AM , Blogger mangiabella said...

i'm so glad you found me via MBC - but now i think it may have been PROVIDENCE that our paths have crossed :) oh I do think we may be cut from the same cloth *wink* and I am thrilled to become a follower- would LOVE for you to follow me at mangia-bella.blogspot.com

i am a relatively new blogger, only 5 posts so far, but very heartfelt posts indeed, if you scroll to the bottom you can see my first post (with the rose) - what a grand adventure this has become - i post inspirational thoughts with delicious food weaved in and out, and much more of that coming down the pipeline - i have several posts in my head dying to get out, just have to find some time over the next few days to write them down, photograph the food, all the while juggling my 2 year old and 15 week old LOL - one day at a time, yes?

i look forward to hearing from you, and spending more time talking with you - keep shining sweet bella, i'm off to read more of your blog!!!

oh and my most sincere father's day wishes to ryan as well (p.s. my son is joshua levi....my husband's brother is a Levi....just LOVE that name)

 
At June 20, 2010 at 9:44 AM , Blogger ~Lisa~ said...

Great post. How fitting for fathers day, even if its in September in the down under.

 
At June 20, 2010 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Jason is trying to milk this double Father's Day thing too! I said when they have two dates for Mother's Day and we celebrate them both then he can have two Father's Days. Its the most frustrating thing trying to get a Father's Day card for September when you're in the States! I suppose you have the same problem the other way around...now we just have weird Chinglish cards at any time of the year...

 
At June 20, 2010 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Cameron said...

He sounds like a wonderful dad & husband!! Good dads make such a difference!! I'm so happy to be sharing this new parenting experience with a great guy as well!! Happy Fathers Day Ryan!!

 
At June 20, 2010 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Cooking Up Faith said...

What a sweet post to your husband for Father's day.
I've posted an award for your blog on my site. Come by and pick it up when you get a chance!
Big Fat Mama

 
At June 20, 2010 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Little M said...

great way to show your appreciation and as always, I love your pictures! Levi is just so cute :) happy daddys day.

 
At June 21, 2010 at 12:40 AM , Anonymous Hannie said...

What a sweet post you write about ur hubby.

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home