This Page

has been moved to new address

an ode to poo

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: an ode to poo

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

an ode to poo

Oh baby poo...

You strike at any given time.

You are no respecter of gender, or role, or status. You're no respecter of clothing. No respecter of mood or mental state. And certainly no respecter of time or schedule.

Poo, you come when you want, the way you want, as much as you want, and as often as you want.

You come as brown. You come as black. You come as yellow. You come as green. You have no favorites when it comes to color or consistency.

Sometimes you are small. Sometimes you are big.

You are anticipated, expected, observed, and interpreted.

Sometimes you are exploding. Sometimes you are running.

You can be liquidy, chunky, smelly, or mild.

You're usually warm. 


You're definitely gross.

Often you are funny... And always you are... COMING.








If you enjoy The Mommyhood Memos, please vote for me: Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs
(You are allowed to vote for me once per day.)

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At June 16, 2010 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

That's probably the best poem about poo that I've ever heard! :-) And all those things are so true about baby poo (I guess I'm kind of a poet too!), haha!
Chelsea
http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

 
At June 16, 2010 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The poem gets an A++, and that pic is gross!! I have only had to encounter a couple of full on baby poo blow outs, but definitely NOT fun!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 6:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

OH NO!! Your face is priceless! ;) That happened to me on take off in the airplane when DS was 4 months old, not fun! They honestly would not let me get up and clean him! I had to sit there covered in poo for 15 minutes ;) Isn't being a mommy glamorous! Thanks for the laugh!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 8:06 AM , Blogger HRH Mommy said...

Adriel - Oh, I have soooo been there!!!!! HOpe you got a good shower / bath in. Hey, you have an award waiting for you. Check out my blog at: http://mformommy.blogspot.com/2010/06/happy-birthday.html Again, thanks so much for the post from yesterday. I wrote about it :-)

 
At June 16, 2010 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Pam said...

Oooh man...been there; done that! Hope you handed him off to his daddy for the clean-up!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Cassandra said...

LOL that poem is too cute! I love your face in the picture!!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 10:33 AM , Blogger SpitFire said...

I say I experienced this just yesterday!!! My daughter pooped way out the front of her diaper, got it all over her clothing, somehow didn't get it on her blanket, and somehow left the back of her diaper spotless!!! :o

 
At June 16, 2010 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Adriel Booker said...

LOL. it was actually a really funny moment (we had a few friends visiting that LOVED it) and the face was "put on" for the photo... cause in actuality i was just laughing really hard. ;) this was back when my son was only about 2-3 weeks old i think and it was the first blowout ON mommy. that was back when everything was still super cute and funny... and the poo was pretty harmless. :D

 
At June 17, 2010 at 12:28 AM , Blogger Alice Law said...

LOL... you really make me hug a smile on my face when I come across your funny description of 'Poo poo'! Thanks for the laughter!^-^

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home