This Page

has been moved to new address

making the moments count

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: making the moments count

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

making the moments count

It was going to be our last weekend together for a month.

How would I make it count? How would I slow down enough to savor it when there were bills to be paid, banking to be done, paperwork to wade through, suitcases to be packed, and a million things to be checked off The List?

But we did. Make it count, that is.

a day off on magnetic island.

We are still reclaiming Sundays.

Last weekend, our Sunday was on Friday.

Knowing that my boys would soon be separated for far too long, I relished the moments they played together in the sand, sat together in the shade of our beach tent, walked along the shoreline, swam in the shallow, and whispered nonsense under their breath.

I sat in amazement watching my littlest drink milk from a box - such a small thing and yet such a marker of toddlerhood.

{Sippy no longer required.}

pretty impressed with himself... and life in general.

I watched as my husband teased him and tickled him, trying to distract him from one of his favorite times of the day - snack time.

Little moments, regular moments... precious moments.

i can't get enough of watching these two together.

It's good to have good-byes every now and then. They help bring your priorities into alignment and gently pressure you to make your moments count.

Our "Sunday" gave way to Saturday - a bustling day filled with an early Easter egg hunt and a backyard full of friends, lots of to-do's and packing completed, and then a nice night out with my beloved before I (temporarily) lost him to an airplane headed to another nation.

first father-son easter egg hunt. presh.

I'm grateful for the time we have. It never feels like enough... but it is. It's enough. What we're given is always enough... as long as we make it count.

the closest thing we're going to get to a family easter picture this year... and as you can tell,
levi is a far cry from being a poser. camera on = instantly disinterested... but still as gorgeous as always.

Dear friends, how have you made your precious time count this week?


making the moments count,



ANNOUNCEMENTS
Are you pregnant? Link up with the Bloggin' Babes and Babies of 2011.
Share your creativity and Easter inspiration by submitting your Easter card to our Easter card linky (closing April 21).




This post is part of my Reclaiming Sundays project - an intentional effort to carve out family time every week to rest, refresh, breathe, laugh, relax, enjoy... Please feel free to join me if you'd like.






adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2011
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At April 21, 2011 at 3:30 AM , Blogger Jennie said...

Oh, a month can feel like such a long time! I hope that you and Levi have lots of friends around to keep the days from stretching on for too long!

 
At April 21, 2011 at 4:51 AM , Blogger Lori said...

I just stumbled on yoru blog and I must say, your little one is adorable. I had never really thought about a juicebox being an equivilent with toddlerhood, but you're so right!

I look forward to following along with all of your memos!

 
At April 21, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

A wonderful way to make it count. Hope your husband isn't gone too long.

 
At April 21, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Getrealmommy said...

Very sweet post, and great pictures!

 
At April 22, 2011 at 1:00 AM , Anonymous Rachel said...

One month is such a long time! Here's to when you can all go on o/r as a family! Did you use Aussie chocolate eggs (which always result in a squisy mess) or did you colour eggs the American way? I have to admit, I think colouring eggs and the little plastic ones you have and stuff fun trinkets in are a MUCH better idea for an Australian Easter! Fu huo jie kuai le! (happy ressurection of Jesus festival in Chinese!)

 
At April 22, 2011 at 2:34 AM , Blogger Cari said...

So sweet! All those outdoor pics are making me long for summer...hurry summer.

 
At April 22, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those are great pix! We are about to spend some precious time on a week's vacation in South Carolina-- much needed! A whole week of R & R. Beach time :)

 
At April 24, 2011 at 12:28 AM , Blogger Moments and Impressions said...

I hope this month speeds by and here is reclaiming family on an day of the week you can.

 
At April 28, 2011 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Bo Stern said...

I LOVED this post, Adriel. This week, I made my precious time count by getting away to the beach with my beloved. We have laughed and talked and honestly...just looked at each other a lot. :) We have had fun planning for each of our kids' dreams-come-true to happen with him over the next six months. We count each day precious and know that we've lived more "enough" in 26 years than most people live in a lifetime...still, I feel so thankful for every day with him. Every moment. We are blessed indeed.

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home