This Page

has been moved to new address

life's little mysteries

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: life's little mysteries

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

life's little mysteries

There are many mysteries in life... Some significant, others... not so much.


A few of the mysteries I've been pondering lately:


1. Why there is always dirty laundry next to--and on top of--the laundry hamper that often doesn't make it in the hamper unless a certain someone *ahem* goes behind another certain someone *ahem* and does the remaining 5% of the job.


2. Why it takes some packages a week to arrive from America, and others three weeks. (Of course, it is fun celebrating my birthday again in November for a change...)


3. Why the fuel light never turns on until I'm on my way to an important appointment or meeting. (For the record, I think there should be a warning light for the low fuel warning light. You know, like... turn yellow for a while and then turn red? Just like the stop lights. It really would make the world a better place.)


4. Why three things magically appear on my to-do list every time I cross one thing off. This equation makes no sense to me. (Feel free to enlighten me!)


5. And why God thinks it's okay to let my little baby grow 1.3 inches within an eight day period. (I saw this with my own eyes... and about keeled over with shock, horror, and fright.)


{66.4cm on Oct 30 and 69.6.cm on Nov 11. That's 1.3 inches folks... in a week. Crikey.}


Dear friends, what mysteries have you baffled at the moment?

why God, why?







adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2010 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At November 17, 2010 at 2:33 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

I completely agree with the fuel light idea! And yes, mine also comes on everytime I'm in a hurry to get somewhere. Argh!

http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

 
At November 17, 2010 at 3:31 AM , Blogger cooperl788 said...

I'm with you on the laundry - why does someone's laundry always seem to fall everywhere but in the hamper? We've had to implement the rule that if it doesn't make it in, it doesn't get cleaned.
I wonder all the time about why I can't seem to fall asleep once I lay in bed, even though I can't seem to keep my eyes open while I'm on the couch.

 
At November 17, 2010 at 4:05 AM , Blogger Casey Martinez said...

I agree with you on all of the above. The mom mysteries! My little gal grew 3 inches in her almost two month span since her last checkup...that seems almost odd. Wow!

 
At November 17, 2010 at 5:23 AM , Blogger Alexandra said...

Adorable, and I love your blog.

 
At November 17, 2010 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have the same to-do list problem. It never goes away :(

I am totally baffled that it's been a year since Niall was born- where does the time go? I'm starting to feel anxious about how fast life is flying by. It's all pretty baffling!

 
At November 18, 2010 at 3:44 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Wow! That's a lot of growing...he must have been eating like a horse during that week too!

The fuel light idea is a good one!

 
At November 18, 2010 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I have the very same mysteries happening daily in my home. All except for the baby growing~mine have all but left the nest. My youngest son is now 14 years old, and 6 feet, 2 inches tall. (not sure how that translates in metric) I can look up and see inside his nose. Hardly seems right. :)

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home