This Page

has been moved to new address

mommy's little helpers... do you have them?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: mommy's little helpers... do you have them?

Saturday, August 28, 2010

mommy's little helpers... do you have them?

There are a few "mommy's little helpers" on my wishlist. I can almost taste the sweet ease that these helpers would bring... Surely they would change my life.

A dishwasher. Seriously. Mommy needs a dishwasher. Do I really need to explain??

Laser eye surgery. Don't you think it would be amazing to wake up in the middle of the night to feed the baby and actually be able to see as I fumble around in my sleep? Oh. So. Good.

A dryer. Ok, so dryers aren't commonplace in Australia. We use the clothesline all year except for rainy season (when we have every chair in the house draped with drying laundry). The fresh air is nice and all... and being "green" is awesome... But mommy wants a dryer for those days that hanging the clothes and finding the pegs is just the straw that breaks the camel's back. (Oh, and I'd like a laundry-folding fairy too, please.)

A baby whisperer. I want a baby whisperer or a supernanny to come and watch me take care of my baby so she can tell me what I'm doing wrong and coach me in how to get my sweet child to sleep through the night. Seven months feels like an eternity and I'm tired!

A chef. Is this too much to ask? I just want a personal chef that will make my family and I healthy and delicious meals to eat before I put the plates in my new dishwasher. I don't think that's unrealistic. Oprah has one.

A 13" macbook pro. Mommy needs the proper equipment to feed her blogging addiction hobby and to store her bajillion photos of the baby.

A holiday. To be more specific, a weekend away with my hubby. Someplace nice, someplace close to home in case the little angel baby needs us. Someplace that we can order room service and have breakfast in bed.

I think having these "mommy's little helpers" would be amazing. Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful for my life and the mountains of blessings in it... I have far more to be thankful for than most of the people on the planet.

But a girl can dream, can't she?

Dear mommy-friends, what's on your "mommy's little helpers" wishlist?

dreaming pipe dreams (but without the pipe),



Have you registered your blog here yet?


adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2010 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At August 28, 2010 at 2:19 AM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

Hmmm - a housekeeper?? I would LOVE someone to come in weekly and do all the household chores that I can't stand! (but yet still have to be done)
A cook - to help me lose weight
A personal trainer - to force me to work out on the daily
A pill that would allow this insomniac to sleep, but not pass through my breast milk, or affect my ability to hear my child when he wakes in the middle of the night (yes you read that right - 15 months and we only sleep through the night 60% of the time (which is much better then not at all at 12 months))
A craft gene - the ability to make whatever cute things I see on other people's blogs!

 
At August 28, 2010 at 2:36 AM , Blogger Jhen.Stark said...

Oh dear... NO DRYER? Wow, that is intense!

 
At August 28, 2010 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Sarah P. said...

First of all, how are you living without a dryer?? That's insanity. That would make your life so much easier...you'd be able to get through the laundry so much faster. And a dishwasher...I don't know how you've survived without one! Wow...you're like super mom. Is the little guy waking up to eat in the middle of the night? My oldest did that until he was 9 months old and my doc said he would continue to do that until I just let him cry for a few nights. And it worked. The doc said he would adjust and eat during the day what we took away at night and he totally did. It was hard listening to him cry but totally worth it in the end because I needed some sleep.

 
At August 28, 2010 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I really feel for you with no dryer and no dishwasher. Wow!

I'm with you on the 13" Macbook Pro. I'd also like a housekeeper and a chef, please.

We finally Ferberized Q when he was 10.5 months, and I wished I had done it sooner because it really was the best thing for him and for me. Let me know if you want more info!

 
At August 28, 2010 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

Hey lady - I passed on an award to you. You can pick it up here! http://www.familyandlifeinlv.com/2010/08/more-blogging-awards-feeling-very-liked.html

 
At August 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM , Anonymous Melissa {adventuroo} said...

Oh I totally need laser eye surgery. This I say as I'm squinting at the screen right now because my contacts are dried up!

 
At August 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is a good list and I'll admit I don't know where I'd be without my dishwasher and dryer. Also since baby I could not wear contacts so I had eye surgery last October - it's pretty great! I think I'd like a weekend away as well. Also while I worked we had a nanny and I'd like to hire her back if only for 5-6 hrs a week. Okay now I'm dreaming much like you

 
At August 30, 2010 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Crystal said...

Right now my biggest 'mommy helper' would be a minivan! Or even just another car...I would like a minivan so I can tote more babies around (I sure want to scratch that baby itch- but for now a tiny already fully packed car, is holding me back!). But even just a 2nd car would be nice so I could take the kiddos out while daddy is at work- without having to get everyone up super early to take him in, then pick him up right in the middle of nap time when he usually gets off!! But alas, in 2 more years we will leave Guam, with a paid off car, and buy a new one the second we get home, and maintain only 1 car payment instead of juggling 2 (plus the Navy will only pay to ship 1 car).

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home