This Page

has been moved to new address

prim, proper, and lovely

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: prim, proper, and lovely

Friday, April 29, 2011

prim, proper, and lovely

We interrupt this regularly scheduled blog about motherhood and parenting to bring you... a gush about the Royal Wedding and all things prim and proper and lovely. (I can't help myself!)



As this posts I'll be preparing to pile into our living room with several girlfriends where we will "oooo" and "ahhh" over Kate Middleton's dress, the flowers, the choir, the kiss... and all other things royal and weddingish.

Most likely we'll be sipping tea, eating chocolate, and lighting up like school girls as we watch all the pageantry unfold in a land far, far away... imaginations running wild with thoughts of princes and princesses, castles and coaches.

So for now, I'll leave you with a couple more beautiful photos (all taken by the lovely and talented Joanna) from a High Tea birthday party given in honor of my friend Sara earlier this week.

It was divine... The garden setting, the lavish spread (a potluck never looked so good!), the pretty dresses, the sparkling eyes of dear friends, the bounty of freshly-snipped garden flowers decorating tables and headpieces, the personalized party favors (antique tea spoons that Sara has been gathering), and the warm afternoon sun providing the perfect setting for girl talk and laughter and celebrating. Oh, and let's not forget the glowing mama-to-be birthday girl.

Yes, it was divine.

the happy birthday girl is on the left and i'm under the big sunhat on the right. my face didn't actually make it into any photos. :)


since ryan is away i got special permission to bring a man to the party.


Sara's garden party High Tea was the closest thing most of us will get to anything resembling royal treatment anytime soon. (And she totally deserves the royal treatment herself!) But I'll tell you what... prim, proper, and lovely has never been so appealing or so much fun. (Not to mention so exquisitely beautiful.)

Dear friends, when is the last time you did something as fun as attending a grown-up tea party? And, what I'm really getting at here is... will you be watching the wedding of the decade* along with the other (estimated) two billion of us?? :)

giddy with anticipation,


P.S. A few hot tips for you today: Ergo Carriers are on sale today on BabySteals.com starting at $57.75! Amazing!! Also, Phil & Teds strollers on sale today on Zulily.com Wow!

* They are saying "the wedding of the century"... but I'm just gonna keep it "the wedding of the decade" for now. A century is a long time to speculate about!






Are you an expecting mom? Have you linked-up yet?





{"freebie" with Casey}
One Day At A Time



adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2011
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At April 29, 2011 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Rosilind Jukic said...

oh that looks like such fun!! I'll be watching it here in my livingroom. I am planning a special brunch with English Breakfast tea in my teapot. I may even dress up a bit for it. *grin* It will be great fun! Can't wait!

 
At April 29, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I did a tea party setting for my friend's bridal shower. It was lovely! Reminded me of being a little girl :) Loved it!

I am so ready to watch the wedding!!! Going to wake up early, brew some tea, and gush to myself about her dress :D I wish my girl friends were closer so we could watch it!

 
At April 29, 2011 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Getrealmommy said...

Now that is a party! We did a high tea for my sisters wedding shower, it was so much fun, but I don't think we did as good of a job as you all did. Beautiful!!!

 
At April 29, 2011 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Adriel Booker said...

I can't take any credit Rachel. All I did is bring one of the dishes to share. But yeah, the girls who organized did an amaaaaazing job!

 
At April 29, 2011 at 10:11 PM , Blogger alison said...

i will absolutely be watching the wedding today! my daughter is more excited about it than i am....she keeps asking me, "will that girl on tv be a REAL princess"???

and i love the grown up tea party. i am going to a teacup exchange/tea party at my church in a few days and i am VERY excited! *even though i don't drink tea. at all. but i LOVE teacups!*

 
At May 1, 2011 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

What a fabulous idea! It sounds like you have some great friends :) I don't know when I've done something this fabulous, but I hope to soon!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home