This Page

has been moved to new address

my secret weapon

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: my secret weapon

Friday, October 1, 2010

my secret weapon

As a mom you learn to have many secret weapons.

Secret weapons for all sorts of problems...

Do you have a problem keeping your baby from rolling all over the change table, putting his hands straight in the poo (and then up to his face of course), or grabbing at the diaper as you're trying desperately to do the change-over as quickly as possible?

That's probably just me. {snicker, snicker}

Well... let me introduce you to my latest secret weapon:


See that little pink thing with the silver bendy neck?

Yeah, that's right. It's a clip-on reading light.

What's so special about a clip-on reading light you ask?

Not much. Except for the fact that this week it is interesting enough to keep Levi's hands out of his poo.

Probably next week we'll have to find a new secret weapon... but for now the reading light is working smashingly.


Dear friends, what is your latest secret weapon among your mommy's-helper arsenal?

feeling victorious,




Have you registered your blog here yet?


adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2010 
do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At October 1, 2010 at 12:04 AM , Blogger Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Our secret weapon has been a balloon we got from red robin. Bennett LOVES it. Anytime I need to distract him that is our go-to. We're about to throw it out, though, because it's almost completely deflated. I guess I'll have to find something else now!

 
At October 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM , Blogger A House and Home said...

Mine is a wind-up plastic lobster with a flippy tail. Thank God for Grandma!

 
At October 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Jhen.Stark said...

Hahaha! I love this post, and why I love your blog... you ALWAYS hit the nail on the head. Oh the diaper changes... for us, our secret weapon during diaper changes is the CELL PHONE.

 
At October 1, 2010 at 1:15 AM , Blogger Chelsea Pearl said...

Puppets! Dean goes crazy for them. The only problem with that is it becomes kind of difficult to make a puppet talk and change a diaper at the same time lol This one works better with a team mate! Other wise it's wiggles and screams until he finally gets away and runs around naked...*sigh* :)

 
At October 1, 2010 at 1:39 AM , Blogger melissa rohr said...

we haven't had to result to a secret weapon yet. for some reason i got the one baby who is very interested in every last 'baby' toy she owns-even if it is the same one i hand her every time.

 
At October 1, 2010 at 2:36 AM , Blogger cooperl788 said...

Hmm... I would have to say her Sesame Street book. She actually requests it if she's going up for a change. It's a little bit more of a nuisance to keep the book off my hands, but much easier than a squirming child!

 
At October 1, 2010 at 3:18 AM , Blogger Casey Martinez said...

I give Daisy an empty plastic coke bottle to play with. She knows it's something we drink out of so she is more excited to play with it. The novelty is quickly wearing off though...shoot:)

 
At October 1, 2010 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Amy said...

I have one of those! I'll have to remember that in a few weeks when she gets here! Thanks Adriel!

 
At October 1, 2010 at 7:02 AM , Blogger lunablue said...

so cute! he looks sweet in yellow. i saw these clip on ribbon things on etsy that you clip on your shirt so the baby doesn't pull your hair while he nurses.

 
At October 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Mayra said...

lol so cute!!


I am a firm believer that as long as it stops the whining, touching, grabbing, crying, let them have it. =)

I give my kiddo my ipod, phone, and sometimes car keys .

 
At October 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am dying! BOTH of my children love my clip on reading light. I've had to buy a spare because Emma is always leaving it somewhere in the house. When Annie wakes up at the crack of dawn, I put her next to me and she plays with my light for at least 30 minutes. I never thought that someone else might do this too. This really put a smile on my face. :)

 
At October 1, 2010 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Hahaha! I love this and your weapon of choice! I haven't tried a lamp light, but I have tried many other (WMDs) Weapons of Mass Distraction, such as water bottles, wipes, hangers, old remotes, etc. The list, literally, goes on and on. You have actually inspired me to write a post about this on my blog. Thanks!

-Jessica

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home