This Page

has been moved to new address

tiger wrestling

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: tiger wrestling

Saturday, May 29, 2010

tiger wrestling

I've never been one who's totally sold on gender stereo types... and yet being the mommy of a little man is undeniably highlighting how different my sweet boy is from me. 



When I was a little girl I loved to exercise my imagination and play "make believe." 

I played "house" (I was the mom). I played "school" (I was the teacher). I played "hospital" (I was the surgeon). I even played "business" (I was the boss). (Haha, see any themes here?!)

I rememember playing with my dolls and stuffed animals often. Inevitably they were my "children" or my "students" or my "patients" or my "employees". 

But I don't ever remember wrestling them.

And this is one of the things that differentiates me from my four-month-old son.


I introduced Levi to his stuffed tiger-friend this week thinking he was now big enough that he may like to check it out. I wasn't sure how it would go since his whole world revolves around putting things in his mouth at the moment... and tiger-friend is a little large to fit in there.

But, alas, Levi instantly loved tiger-friend. At least it appeared to be love... in a little boy sort of way.

Immediately he grasped onto tiger-friend and began rolling around on the floor biting him, hugging him, screaming at him, squeezing him, and of course laughing at himself... All the while continuously looking over at mommy to make sure I was still watching.

I could just imagine him in a couple years time yelling, "Mommy, look at me!" from across the playground. He was already saying it so clearly with his eyes.



I assured him that I was watching and told him the things he needed to hear: he was tough, he was strong, and he was very, very clever. 

He giggled and turned away and chomped down once more on tiger-friend's face, so obviously delighted to have an audience, and so very proud of his tiger-wrestling feats.

Ah, little boys. How very special they are.








If you enjoy The Mommyhood Memos, please vote for me:
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At May 29, 2010 at 7:05 AM , Blogger The Mommy said...

Boys are different, for real! But, so much fun:)
Super cute pictures!

 
At May 29, 2010 at 7:15 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

Love it!! My girls are so much different than my son was - it's really interesting to see the differences!
Very cute pics :)

 
At May 29, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Blogger This Wife Cooks said...

OMG!!! That is so cute!!!

 
At May 29, 2010 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

Boys and girls are definately different. Those pictures are so cute! Have a great Friday!

Mama Hen

 
At June 1, 2010 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Shay said...

These pics are so adorable! I have 3 grown sons and I miss the days when they were little and playful!

 
At June 1, 2010 at 11:44 AM , Anonymous Laura Donaldson said...

Those moments when they are making sure you're watching just melt my heart. It makes me think how special I am to them. Soak it up!

 
At September 16, 2010 at 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so friggin' cute! It will be so nice to have your blog to look back on when he's older. My oldest daughter is so into girly things. She loves her babies, dress up, dancing, and all things "Princess". Boys are so different!

ps
I left you something on my blog today. Check it out when you get a chance. I hope you'll "accept". :)

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home