This Page

has been moved to new address

my mama

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: my mama

Sunday, May 8, 2011

my mama

I write about being a mom all the time... so this Mothers Day I want to write about having a mom.

This is mine:

{and levi made her a grandma... gigi to be precise.}

I love her.

She held me when I needed to be held.



She helped me to stand and always celebrated my growth.



She showed me what it looks like to be a stylish woman. (Check out those awesome shades!)



She kept me warm through Oregon winters.



She took me overseas to far-away places and helped me to discover the world.

{here we are on a short stint living in fiji.}


She taught me what it means to be beautiful on the inside and out.



She played with me and gave me hugs when I needed them.



She's always loved me and stood behind me.




I also love this mum - my Australian mother-in-law Sylvia. She's the one who gave me my beloved. I couldn't be more grateful.




How in the world I got so lucky to have two amazing women in my life to call mom I will never know. But this Mothers Day it's my privilege to honor them and say thank you for being who you are: mom and mum.

Dear friends, what's the best thing about your own mom? And, if you're a mom yourself, I hope you have an amazing day celebrating with your family and friends.

love,


P.S. Check out Amy's My Mama, Your Mama feature for Mothers Day. So precious.

Bloggers for Birth Kits update: 210 kits donated, 33 posts spreading the word, 192 links on facebook, and tons of #B4BirthKits tweets. Yay! (I can't wait for our accounts office to open back up on Monday so we can get a new count!!)

GIVEAWAY OPEN NOW: Enter to win the Pregnancy Companion - a wonderful book for expecting moms, whether you are one yourself or know someone that would appreciate this encouraging and practical gift! Entry is quick and simple. Click here.





adriel booker | the mommyhood memos | 2011
 do not reproduce without written permission

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 8, 2011 at 3:11 PM , Blogger mdforkids said...

What a beautiful post and tribute to your mom and mum. I hope you have a most wonderful Mother's Day. XO

 
At May 9, 2011 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Tiffany Larson said...

Your mom IS a beautiful, wonderful woman, Adriel. Happy Mother's Day!

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home