This Page

has been moved to new address

like father, like son

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the mommyhood memos: like father, like son

Sunday, July 4, 2010

like father, like son

This morning as I was sitting at the dining room table waiting for the delicious waffles my hubs was making for our Saturday breakfast, Levi chatted away at the top of his lungs as if the whole world wanted to hear what he was saying. I made some wise crack about how he was just like his dad… which propelled us into spending the next few minutes coming up with similarities between daddy and son.

Seems the men in my life have a lot in common:

1.           They both talk a lot—even if no one is listening—and seem to enjoy the sound of their own voice.

2.           As hard as I try, I sometimes find both of them unintelligible.

3.           Both babe and dad can’t eat without milk/food getting all over their faces and down the front of them.

4.           Mommy needs to help both of them get dressed in order to come out with something that slightly matches.

5.           They both want to eat everything in sight.

6.           Apparently both men cannot get enough of mommy’s boobs.

7.           Both splash water everywhere and make a mess of the bathroom when bathing/showering.

8.           Both dad and son have pudgy little bellies.

9.           They are both are irresistible to the ladies (this one was definitely my husband’s contribution).

10.      Both are strong and determined and aren’t all that concerned with what other people think.


11.      Both need mommy’s help to keep their noses clean (though one just gets verbal “help”).

12.      They both love getting tickles from mommy.

13.      Both love it when mommy reads out loud to them.

14.      Both daddy and son have gas and poo that can knock a grown woman off her feet.

15.      They both love to be the center of attention.

16.      Both will sometimes put their foot in their mouth.

17.      Mommy regularly tells them both how funny and silly and cute they are.

18.      Both have a sweet, kind nature about them.

19.      They both have smiles that melt my heart.

20.      They both make me a proud, happy, and grateful woman.


Thanks boys, for providing me with joy, purpose, and a lot of laughter. I love you... so much. xx

Love us? Vote here!
Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on 

TopBabyBlogs.Com

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At July 4, 2010 at 4:47 AM , Blogger Hannah said...

This was too cute! I love the list too funny! The pictures are great, I love daddy with baby photos! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

 
At July 4, 2010 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Laila @OnlyLaila said...

Love the list and the pictures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

 
At July 4, 2010 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is so sweet <3 I bet they'll be best buds even when Levi is a teenager :)

 
At July 4, 2010 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Olivia said...

Sweet post! It is amazing how our kids take after us, isn't it? My oldest has her daddy's sense of humor to a T! When she was 1yo, she would laugh out loud at his jokes even though she had no idea what he was saying!
suchakingdom.blogspot.com

 
At July 4, 2010 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

Adriel this is the cutest post! My hubby spills so much on his shirt all the time and my daughter is always spotless. She never liked anything on her hands or face. She is the one that tells him he has something on his shirt. It is too funny! That is so sweet that they both have smiles that melt your heart. That is a mama and wife in love! Have a great weekend!

Mama Hen

 
At July 4, 2010 at 1:02 PM , Blogger The Planet Pink said...

So sweet! Levi might be wanting you to delete #6 in a few years though... haha.

 
At July 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Black Wombmyn Chat said...

The pics are the best! lol. I love the list, too. I actually exhaled and reminded myself to feel more grateful for the love in my life... Thanks.

 
At July 5, 2010 at 4:03 AM , Blogger marlece said...

love this post Adriel, boys will be boys no matter what the age... the thing is they just don't seem to grow out of somethings~ha!Hope your 4th is fabulous!

 
At July 20, 2010 at 10:12 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

LOVE this list. Great job.

Stopping by from the SITS Blog Frog.

 
At July 21, 2010 at 12:28 AM , Blogger KatBouska said...

They are SO cute!

 
At July 22, 2010 at 5:27 AM , Anonymous AmandaLP said...

So cute! A funny way to bring a smile to my face on my morning blog run. (at 3pm, so you know I dont have kids :)

 

Post a Comment

dear friends... i really love and appreciate your comments. thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts and opinions.

PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have your blogger account set up with a reply-to email address, i am unable to respond to your comments... and that just makes me sad. boo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home